Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Couple of questions.
First, is this a bow that would be worth buying, and if so, what should I pay for one. I found one online for 300$, but I am thinking its a bit pricey for a 10 year old bow, that only has what is necessary to shoot(bow, sight, rest, and 3 arrows).
On a separate subject, what would you recommend as a used bow that should be in the 300$ price range-fully equipped.
Thanks,
Chris

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have any recommendations for bows? I live in Montreal, Canada, and there is only 1 store within a 30 min drive of my house that sells bows, and they know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about archery, so I have no way of testing out products.

· Registered
1,204 Posts
the hoyt smoke was hoyts speed bow around 1997 or 98,$300 is way too much even in new condition,as archeroni stated search the clasifieds here and i'm sure you will find a killer deal.

· Registered
9,673 Posts
I agree, way too much money. More importantly, if your just starting out, I can't say this enough, STAY AWAY from the Smoke. I can not think of any other Hoyt bows that I have shot, including the Super Slams, that was harder to shoot. It was a speed demon in its day, but I found it to be next to impossible to shoot.

· Registered
3,215 Posts
I suggest you get your Draw length measured first and then shop around. Classifieds is one of the best places to get good deals. Look also for any archery clubs around your area and pay them a visit.

· Registered
156 Posts
I'm a Hoyt guy all the way, but I also agree that the Smoke was one Hoyt I never liked and did not enjoy shooting.

My favorite recent model Hoyts are the ultratecs and protecs. You can get either of these in the early 2000 models for $300 most anytime on the classifieds here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.