Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some questions for you Hoyt Spiral cam gurus:

Say an archer wants his draw length to be 29.75". Is it better from a cam performance standpoint to twist/untwist the string and cables to lengthen up a 29.5" cam set to 29.75?

Or is it better to shorten up a 30" cam set to 29.75"?

Or is the out come going to be the same from doing either one?

·
has been that never was
14,362 Posts
Just went through the same situation.. I tried going both directions and decided, for me at least, going with the shorter cam and tweaking it for more DL gets better results.

Seems to me with spirals the more you push them, the better they do for you.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Just went through the same situation.. I tried going both directions and decided, for me at least, going with the shorter cam and tweaking it for more DL gets better results.

Seems to me with spirals the more you push them, the better they do for you.
Same thing for me! Spirals seem to like more cam wrap, and a touch more let off.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have gone both ways too and have not noticed any significant increase in performance. My spirals have run long I am shooting a 28" cam at 28.5" cuz the 28.5 was almost 3/8 long

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have gone both ways too and have not noticed any significant increase in performance. My spirals have run long I am shooting a 28" cam at 28.5" cuz the 28.5 was almost 3/8 long
At this time Josh, I can only take your results with a grain of salt. :wink:

:chortle:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Same as the rest Matty. I shot my VE last year at 29, then changed it over to 28.5 indoors. It felt so much better, and if I can't get it to where I need it(which is about 28.75), I can modify my loop a little bit and make it just a little longer.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha shot a 545 today so something must be working ok.

I know what you mean. Are both your contenders with 3000 limbs?
545 ain't too shabby. :D

Good shooting. :thumb:

My latest CE has 2000 limbs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts