Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is another bow I am tuning and just would like to address the slight lean in the bottom cam is meant to be there. There is no need to try and shim this and try to straighten it out. You can see in these pics that someone tried to get the bottom cam lean as straight as they could. What they did was take out the spacer that goes to back up your e-clip on the left side of the bows bottom limb. Then put the spacer in conjunction with the white spacer on the right side of the bottom cam. Sure the bottom cam is straighter at full draw but your cable stop will slightly touch your cable as it comes around. These are before and after pics. There is a lot of talk about trying to fix bottom cam lean on the Hoyt's and most the time it does not need fixing. Just figured I would share with some visual pics.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364079289.418615.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364079309.669056.jpg

·
Registered
464 Posts
second post, right pic... is that supposed to be a little lean? that is taken looking straight at cams, correct? still waiting on my bow but I would be worried if I saw that for the first time... but I'm a newbie FYI.

·
Registered
24,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
second post, right pic... is that supposed to be a little lean? that is taken looking straight at cams, correct? still waiting on my bow but I would be worried if I saw that for the first time... but I'm a newbie FYI.
Not sure what you are referring to but this is solely pics related to cam spacers being incorrect. Pics are not taken straight on at all

·
Looking for a monster!
8,466 Posts
Not sure what you are referring to but this is solely pics related to cam spacers being incorrect. Pics are not taken straight on at all
I see what he is referring to. The pic makes it look like horrible cam lean but sumo, that pic is not straight onto the cam. Its showing the spacer placement. Tthe pic is just deceiving if your judging lean. Trust me , there is not that much lean

·
Registered
464 Posts
OK cool thanks. I am still waiting on my spyder and didn't even look at cams that much before ordering. the picture just made the cam look extremely offset to the left.... unless its supposed to be. I dunno, I'm new to archery and this will be my first bow ever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts