Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Looking for a monster!
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worked on getting my spyder all set up and tuned this weekend. Its set at 67.1 lbs, 28 5/8 draw measured, shooting a 337 grain maxima 250 with 20.4 grains on the string with peep and loop. Shooting 318 average. Puts current ibo right at 340.. still has stock threads

This might just be my favorite hoyt to date. Holds solid as a rock. draw is super smooth with little to no hump and just falls into the valley. Havent got to shoot it past 40 yds yet with this crap weather we had in the east yesterday, but plan to see how it does past 60 this week.

Attachments

·
Looking for a monster!
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Super bow! But your arrows are under spined. I think you need a stiffer shaft for sure.
No, their fine. Cut at 26.5 inches and perfect bullet holes. Bare shafts hitting dead on with fp's, and fixed heads flying perfect out to 40 yds at least. Not changing a thing, thanks for the advise though

·
Registered
24,973 Posts
They are more forgiving on spine this year with the improved nock travel. I have mine at 70# 29" draw at a adjusted IBO of 342 ish shooting the 340 FMJ's at 27" raw shaft and 100 gr tip. I was expecting to show a weak spine reaction but with a thorough tune fixed blade broadheads and fieldpoints are on the money.

·
Looking for a monster!
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are more forgiving on spine this year with the improved nock travel. I have mine at 70# 29" draw at a adjusted IBO of 342 ish shooting the 340 FMJ's at 27" raw shaft and 100 gr tip. I was expecting to show a weak spine reaction but with a thorough tune fixed blade broadheads and fieldpoints are on the money.
I know the 250s are close at that length, but they are working. I have maxima 350s that i was planning on using, cut at same length, but thought id try the 250s. Unless something changes in the tune, im gonna use the 250s for now. Only bare shafted to 17 yds in the basement, didnt try past that yet

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Super bow! But your arrows are under spined. I think you need a stiffer shaft for sure.
Oh yea,Def underspined!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Looking for a monster!
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got to stretch the spyders legs a little bit today. First chance ive had to get out back and shoot some past 40. Got her dialed in out to 60 yds. Pic is from the second round of shooting at 60. First round was settng the pin. Gotta say, im very pleased with how this bow holds and shoots at longer ranges. Been reading other reviews stating the same thing, but i was still a little unsure being a shorter bow. Im going to try to make time to shoot at 70, 80 and 90 tomorrow after the 3d shoot.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Nice shooting. I should have mine back from Shane on Monday. I was very impressed with the speed and draw cycle. Draws about the same as my Answer but is about 15 fps faster.

·
Registered
24,973 Posts
Nice shooting. I should have mine back from Shane on Monday. I was very impressed with the speed and draw cycle. Draws about the same as my Answer but is about 15 fps faster.
It tuned up really well and can't wait for you to get it.

Thanks again
Shane

·
Looking for a monster!
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys...
I think ive seen all the ones shane has posted up, which one was yours (color)?

·
Looking for a monster!
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice shooting bro :thumbs_up
Thanks man, we'll see if i can hold it together as tight as you did out at 100. I have my doubts, im usually good to 70-80 then my eyes start fighting me and my groups really open up.

·
Registered
24,973 Posts
Thanks man, we'll see if i can hold it together as tight as you did out at 100. I have my doubts, im usually good to 70-80 then my eyes start fighting me and my groups really open up.
You can do it bro. It's mental and just go into it like you are at 20 yards.
Peep alignment is key at those distances because your anchor changes slightly with a slider

1 - 20 of 21 Posts