Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if these are still available? I have a Striker II, 60-70#, with the Redline HO #4 cam.

I was shooting yesterday and all of a sudden my arrows went from dead on to 4" right and inconsistent grouping. I checked the bow over and found a 1" crack running from the upper limb bolt. I have 2 weeks left before the PA openner (so I'm only cursing a little bit at the moment) and I'll call my local Hoyt dealer tomorrow, but I just want to find out if anyone knows what my chances are of getting a replacement set of limbs and what they might cost.

I wanted a reason to buy a new bow, but wasn't planning to layout the $$$ until spring.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
You will have to contact Hoyt. They may beable to get you a set but I doubt it. It has been a long time since they made those limbs. I sent my Alpha Tec back to them for a new set of limbs right after the stoped making carbinite limbs and they made me a set, but that was right after they discontinued them. It took about a month for them to get my bow back to me. You may just have to get a new bow or hope that someone has a set laying around.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ughh! That's kinda what I figured. Funny thing is that this is the first bow I ever owned for more than 2 or 3 years. It just shot so well for me that I never saw a reason for a new one.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Well if you get a new one with the XT limbs and the cam 1/2 or spirals you will wish you got a new one before now.

·
Registered
40,174 Posts
EaglesFan said:
Does anyone know if these are still available? I have a Striker II, 60-70#, with the Redline HO #4 cam.

I was shooting yesterday and all of a sudden my arrows went from dead on to 4" right and inconsistent grouping. I checked the bow over and found a 1" crack running from the upper limb bolt. I have 2 weeks left before the PA openner (so I'm only cursing a little bit at the moment) and I'll call my local Hoyt dealer tomorrow, but I just want to find out if anyone knows what my chances are of getting a replacement set of limbs and what they might cost.

I wanted a reason to buy a new bow, but wasn't planning to layout the $$$ until spring.

Any ideas?

get the deflection number off the limbs I have a spare set of new camo redline limbs

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sean, I'm guessing the deflection number is located on the back side of the limb inside the limb pocket, correct? I haven't taken the bow down yet and don't see any numbers anywhere else on the limbs while it's still together.

I'll pull out the Bowmaster shortly and see if I can find something under there. (Unless you can guide me to a different place to look)

Thanks!

·
Registered
40,174 Posts
EaglesFan said:
Sean, I'm guessing the deflection number is located on the back side of the limb inside the limb pocket, correct? I haven't taken the bow down yet and don't see any numbers anywhere else on the limbs while it's still together.

I'll pull out the Bowmaster shortly and see if I can find something under there. (Unless you can guide me to a different place to look)

Thanks!

you are right its on the inside bottom edge I believe you will have to remove them

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, took a few minutes to take the bow down and pulled the limbs. The numbers on each limb are 1 and 138.

Does that help?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the pivot pad on the upper limb was broken in half.

If I'm lucky enough to have your set match mine, would they come with these pads or no? (I know - I'm getting greedy now :wink: )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts