Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks in advance for any help.

Does anyone know the dates of manufacture for the Super Slam Supreme?

Steve

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I know they were made in 1994 & 95 as I bought a Super Slam Fast Flight in 94. And I also found two old Hoyt catalogs this weekend in my shed. 2 Hoyt catalogs...94, 95 and an old Jennings catalog. Don't know when they quit making them though.

Maybe I'll scan a few pics and post them tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
THe first year for the Super Slam Supreme was 1992. The Supreme meant the bow has 17" Fast Flight limbs, so the axle to axle for the bow was 43".

I believe the last year they were made was either 1995 or 96.

·
Lowered expectations
17,095 Posts
1992 for sure for the first year, because I remember first seeing one at the 1992 NFAAs in Wisconsin.

But I'm going to slightly disagree regarding the limbs. The "Fastflight" limbs were the shorter ones, and the "Supreme" were the longer limbs on the hunting model. I think that for the target model the same limbs were called "Meridian".

But I could be wrong. These days I seem to be, more and more often... :lol:

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
1992 for sure for the first year, because I remember first seeing one at the 1992 NFAAs in Wisconsin.

But I'm going to slightly disagree regarding the limbs. The "Fastflight" limbs were the shorter ones, and the "Supreme" were the longer limbs on the hunting model. I think that for the target model the same limbs were called "Meridian".

But I could be wrong. These days I seem to be, more and more often... :lol:
Fast Flight Limbs were 16"
Supreme Limbs were 17"
Meridian Limbs were 18"

There were all termed as being fast glass limbs I believe. I meant to say "glass", not flight.

·
Lowered expectations
17,095 Posts
It's coming back to me now...It was "Medallion" limbs that were the target version of the Supreme limbs, not Meridian. I remember because I had a black SS Medallion as my target bow in '93-94 and an SS Supreme in that grey with black markings camo as a backup/hunting bow.

So,
short limbs = Fastflight for both hunting and target
medium = Medallion for target and Supreme for hunting
long = Meridian for target and I think Legacy for hunting

Now, where did I leave my car keys...?

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
It's coming back to me now...It was "Medallion" limbs that were the target version of the Supreme limbs, not Meridian. I remember because I had a black SS Medallion as my target bow in '93-94 and an SS Supreme in that grey with black markings camo as a backup/hunting bow.

So,
short limbs = Fastflight for both hunting and target
medium = Medallion for target and Supreme for hunting
long = Meridian for target and I think Legacy for hunting

Now, where did I leave my car keys...?
I'm 99% sure the Meridian limbs were the long target limbs. These were the laminated fast glass limbs that were the same length (18") as the Carbon Plus limbs. I think the Medallion may have been one of Hoyts other bows with wood laminated limbs.

·
Gold Supporting Archer
9,981 Posts
hold on a sec

if i can remember the dates,,,,i had a brand new hoyt super slam fast flite in i believe 1990. it was the bow chuck adams was shooting at the time. i bought mine from halls archery in connecticut where butch johnson was the resident pro....one heck of a freakin' bow too !!!

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
if i can remember the dates,,,,i had a brand new hoyt super slam fast flite in i believe 1990. it was the bow chuck adams was shooting at the time. i bought mine from halls archery in connecticut where butch johnson was the resident pro....one heck of a freakin' bow too !!!

If you bought the bow in 1990 then it was either a Proforce, Provantage, Spectra, or a Gamegetter. The Provantage was what Chuch was shooting at the time. Believe me.. they didn't release the Super Slam until 1992.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
The Super Slam was a new model for 1992.

I got a Super Slam Supreme with Control Cams and the glossy leaf finish riser in the summer of 1992 just before I purchased my first house and would have no money for a while.

It cost £383 = $600 I still have the reciept somewhere.

43 inch ata and the worst bow I have ever owned, although I did finish 4th in the UK National Field Archery Society's national championships with it in 93 with it.

The fast glass limbs used to have a button just below the V in the limbs and the limbs would start to crack just here. I went through many sets of limbs with it, the problem stopped when Hoyt removed this portion of the limbs and went to split limbs.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
1992 was the first year for the super slam,then in 1995 or96 they came out with a machinbed riser and called it the super star.

·
Member # 75
3,487 Posts
The limb designations were as Jim Pruitte stated.

The Super Slam handle was a plumb pitiful bow due to the centerline of the grip being offset to the outside.

·
Gold Supporting Archer
9,981 Posts
super slamm for sure

If you bought the bow in 1990 then it was either a Proforce, Provantage, Spectra, or a Gamegetter. The Provantage was what Chuch was shooting at the time. Believe me.. they didn't release the Super Slam until 1992.
no i definetly had a super slam fast flite,,,,i probably got the years mixed up...but i did buy one brand new when they first came out. i paid over $500 for it all said and done which was alot of money back then.

i got 252 fps out of it with an overdraw and 2413 shafts and a 29 draw. back then that was good speed. the speed bows in that day and age were the oregon bows and the darton lightning which both did over 300 fps,,,,BARELY.

i do think i believe remembering buying it in the springtime,,,like april may area. i sold it to a mechanic who worked at the chevy dealership i worked at back in about 2002.

mine did go to 80 pounds and thats where i shot it at...

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
no i definetly had a super slam fast flite,,,,i probably got the years mixed up...but i did buy one brand new when they first came out. i paid over $500 for it all said and done which was alot of money back then.
I didn't say you didn't buy one. I simply stated that if you bought it in 1990 it wasn't a Super Slam. I have every Hoyt catalog from 1990 to present, so I am not guessing here.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
The long hunting limbs were called Legacy. I think I have a 93 catalog somewhere with pics and specs.

I also have a few of these limbs downstairs (supreme and maybe a fast flight set)if someone needs some.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I also just picked up a Hoyt Supreme Super Slam in the grey/black camo. The specs are no longer on the limbs and was wondering what the let-off was on these bows. I haven't had a chance to put it on a scale but the draw weight has to be in the 70's and it has very little let-off.

When I first started hunting with a bow I had a Hoyt ProVantage Hunter, it shot like a champ. Definatly not a speed deamon but that bow would stack arrows.
Thanx, Shepp

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I have 2 in the basement, but not sure what they are. They are both blk/gry camo, and both have spectra 5000 on the limbs. One says Hoyt on the limbs and riser, and the other says Hoyt/Easton on the limbs and riser. Both are 45-60#'s, but one is listed as 29" +/- 1", and the other is listed as 29-31". Looks like the same cam on both bows. They have the string/cable lengths but not the let offs.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts