Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need to order a new string and cable set for my ProElite and am trying to decide on strand count and serving thickness. I'm using the regular Cam & 1/2. Is 24 strands (452X) for the cables and 20 strands (452X) for the string a good set up? If I go with 24 strands for the cables, what serving diameter would be appropriate for keeping the cables nicely settled in the tracks?

Also wondering about preferred sizes for the floating yoke piece. The stock length seems to be about 8" from the loop tips to the apex of the yoke. Anyone have any info on what pro shooters have found to work best if it's not this length? Thanks.

· Breathn
13,012 Posts
ttt

I build all types of different combos for hoyts.I have used .014 halo on cables and also .019 halo.I have also used .017 3d,but you may not need it but the halo serving is where its at.The stuff is great when put on correctly. .019 or .014 will work great.I just built a set for a Hoyt shop owner with .019 halo on 24 strand 452x and it turned out great.As far as the yoke just get the standrd 16in yoke (wich is 8in folded in half) if you are keeping it a floater but if you decide to get a static yoke wich a lot of guys want then it will be 8in also.Since you are doing only 20strands I would go with at least .021 center serve or better.You wont see much difference from the 24 strand string to the 20 strand.I like doing all 24 strand but thats just my preference.It all works though.

· Banned
3,222 Posts
Im using 20 strands 452x string with medium.dia center serve.24 strands on split. I dont worry about yoke length. I use floating, prefer to deal with any cam lean if any with shims. I use 22 strands control cable and 3D end serving. I know guys who are using 452X cables and 18 strand 8125 for the strings also seems popular.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.