Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Vantage Elite Plus and it came with the wrong limbs. Before I got to have a look at the bow my dealer got the limbs swapped. Now that I have brought the bow home I am a little surprised. The limbs do not have XT 2000 on them and I wanted the pro series. My question is do the new limbs for the target bows have the XT 2000 pro series written on them or are they blank.

I have a 2009 Vantage Elite and it clearly shows the XT 2000 Pro Series. I just want to make sure someone isn't trying to pull the wool over my eyes.

The bow is brand new never shot and I noticed in one of the limbs there was a scratch where someone has used a marker to try and hide it. I'm not very impressed at this moment so any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
You got unmarked black, glossy limbs? Cool.

Is there a problem with the limbs, besides a scratch? Are they the right length, which would denote them as 2000s?

·
Shooter of flesh
7,661 Posts
Call Hoyt yourself. Tell them the details and they should be able to determine what's, what.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Smells fishy to me. How well do you trust this dealer?

Probably just a simple mistake, but do call Hoyt and get it sorted out. Just think about trying to sell that bow with the unmarked limbs.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The limbs have Hoyt and 5 layer lamination. I have been looking on the classifieds where guys have the Vantage Elite Plus for sale and there limbs show XT2000 Pro Series. Is there a difference in pro series and non pro series?

The dealer is trust worthy but they don't deal in very many target bows so I think there knowledge is a little on the low side. I think I will call Hoyt on Monday and see what they think of the whole thing.

They are 72 deflection and bow is perfect other then the limbs having a few little scratches.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I take it you have Black-out limbs? If so, yes, the limbs come that way.....some had the Vantage Logo on them last year, but none I know of this year. They are XT2000's jsut like any other...just different graphics....

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
You sig says your VE+ is "blacked out". So your limbs would have the dull finish, not the shiney finish like on the target color bows. No difference in the limbs if they say 'pro series' or not. But they shoud still say XT2000. I would not accept a new bow that was scratched up either.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I called my dealer to talk about it today and I am going to bring the bow back there Tuesday so he can see the scratches. I want to make sure his technicians didn't damage them before we call Hoyt. If they damaged them and wrote on it with marker then they should get a talking too. If they were sent out that way then Hoyt should come good.

It is a blacked out VE plus so probably normal the limbs have minimal writing on them. They are for sure the XT 2000 but not on the limbs anywhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts