Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been looking for an old hoyt, either a prostar or a meridian but read someones thought on here that the hoyt pro elite or ultra elite are 'the best' target bows . am i doing myself a disservice by looking for an older bow . i have paid zero attention to bows for about ten years and also am not overly knowledgeable in the archery field [ or for that matter in any field] . i am interested in a used target bow LONG a to a and round wheels . suggestions are appreciated and ,yes, i might have made a similar post recently [like i said i'm not smart and am OLD] . thanks to all . . .bc

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
well, you can get everything you are looking for in the Hoyt Proelite with XT3000 limbs and wheel and a half "cams". that way you will be getting all of the new technology in the specs you are looking for.

I hope that helps.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I had a prostar once upon a time. Yes, you are doing yourself a great injustice. i have a proelite and an ultraelite, and they are far superior to the older hoyt bows in my opinion.

·
(aka lug nut)
48,414 Posts
big cypress said:
i've been looking for an old hoyt, either a prostar or a meridian but read someones thought on here that the hoyt pro elite or ultra elite are 'the best' target bows . am i doing myself a disservice by looking for an older bow . i have paid zero attention to bows for about ten years and also am not overly knowledgeable in the archery field [ or for that matter in any field] . i am interested in a used target bow LONG a to a and round wheels . suggestions are appreciated and ,yes, i might have made a similar post recently [like i said i'm not smart and am OLD] . thanks to all . . .bc
The Pro Elite has a larger brace height than the Ultra Elite.
Both of these bows are available with wheel cams.

http://www.hoyt.com/technical/charts.tpl?page=04_proelite.inc

That's a link to the Hoyt Tune Chart for 2004 bows.
You will see at the bottom of the chart,
when the Pro Elite is fitted with the Accuwheel cam system,
that the ATA is 46-3/4 to 47-inches long, depending on the draw length.

The brace height is 8.5 inches.

So, once you decide on which bow,
and what model years you are interested in,
then you can search the AT classifieds or the auction site.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Depends on what kind of shooting you're going to do and how much you want to spend. I've still got an older Spectre with Meridian limbs that I'm sure I can shoot indoor 300's with just the same as my newer bows. If you liked the feel of the older medium wrist Hoyt grips you may not like the newer low wrist narrow ones. If possible I'd visit a shop and put a few arrows through some of the newer bows to see how they feel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts