Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for anyone who shoots the XL have Cam lean Problems. I have 2 buddies 1 right handed shooter shooting the XL has sever cam lean at the top cam (he could not get it to paper tune or get arrows to fly with out a bad wiggle in flight).. And my other buddy shoots left handed has cam lean at the bottom cam. We twisted the cables on the right handed bow and it fixed the lean and it is still in time but have not shot it yet (shooting it tonight) does any body have any idea of the cause or how to fix??? Someone thought the long riser has a flaw in it.. I and 3 friends shot the reg. Trykon with NO problems at all ONLY THE XL's..... Any body have any ideas would highly be appriciated..... Thanks

·
Banned
910 Posts
cam lean is probably not the cause of poor arrow flight. I had a Hoyt with cam lean. I went with a fixed yoke cable and shimmed 1 of the bottom limbs. problem solved.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nobody can help?? I thought that someone would have the answer.. I have been shooting for quite awhile but i to am just stumped.. Is there any truth to the rumor that hoyt is scrapping the Zephyr cam because of these problems....

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I have many friends that shoot Trykons and this is first time I have ever heard of a cam lean problem on a hoyt. I have an Ultratec and Vtec and the bushings are as tight as can be. Are you sure your not referring to looking at the cam at full draw and seeing it leaning or are you torquing your grip at full draw. Take your grip off and do not wrap your hand around the grip and try shooting it through paper.

·
Registered
998 Posts
cam lean

the top cam lean can be corrected by twisting up one side of the soft yoke. all 4 of my hoyts (3 elites and 1 trykon xl) need some twists.
The bottom, if there is lean, as there is with my xl, is kinda a problem. Shimming may help, but i found that just shifting the load on the bottom limb changes the static and the full draw lean of the cam the same, either more lean early on or at full draw, the degree of cam lean over the draw cycle stays the same.
For instance, static, my xl has no cam lean on the bottom, at full draw there is definate cam lean, more so than i care for, but since the bow shoots the same with broadheads and feild points, and paper tune is perfect, i dont care. But when I tried to shim the cam, the lean showed up in the static position the opposite way, but was not a bad at full draw, still the overall effect is that the cam thru the draw cycle moved/leaned the same amount in a degree measurement.
On one of my buddies ultratec i just flipped the limbs and it fixed his cam lean on the bottom cam completely at full draw and at static position. Apparently one limb was a bit stiffer than the other.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
possum said:
I have many friends that shoot Trykons and this is first time I have ever heard of a cam lean problem on a hoyt. I have an Ultratec and Vtec and the bushings are as tight as can be. Are you sure your not referring to looking at the cam at full draw and seeing it leaning or are you torquing your grip at full draw. Take your grip off and do not wrap your hand around the grip and try shooting it through paper.

No i am not torquing the bow at draw. If you take an arrow and lay it on the cam ( top or bottom) and line it down the bow string toward the other cam you can see that the arrow crosses the string instead of running perallel with the string. That is were i get the cam lean. Looking closer at my Trykon i also have cam lean but mine is at the bottom. And it is showing over spined on the arrows ( Bare shaft) ( Sever Right Tear) I am shooting 28.5" Axis 340 with 100 grain field point ( arrow weight is 412 grains) With blazers it ( the arrow) shoots bullets at 10 yards away from paper but at approx. 6 feet away it shows right tear..... I also shoot drop awat rest so the wrist torque is out of the picture on the problem.... help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts