Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am going to be purchasing an XL soon. Can I get your opinions please??

David

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Sure, you can have my opinion!! I'm a Hoyt guy, and I think the Trykon shoots outstandingly well, but that dump off at the end of the draw, isn't for me.:sad: Some guys don't have a problem with it. I do. jm.02
Oh yeah, welcome to ArcheryTalk!

·
Registered
85 Posts
You will Love it. It does have a dump off at the end, but it took me no time to get used to it. All the pros out way that one con, and that my not even be a con to you it wasn't for me.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Dump the Fuse string and cable as soon as you can. Have a good aftermarket string put on (i.e. Vapor Trail). The bow will be much quieter.

The factory string has a definate "twang" to it at the shot. The VT string I put on took all of that away, not to mention the fact that my peep actually stays put and does not spin like a top.

·
Registered
403 Posts
98Redline said:
Dump the Fuse string and cable as soon as you can. Have a good aftermarket string put on (i.e. Vapor Trail). The bow will be much quieter.

The factory string has a definate "twang" to it at the shot. The VT string I put on took all of that away, not to mention the fact that my peep actually stays put and does not spin like a top.

now that is a good tip.

thanks,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANKS GUYS. That is exactly what I was looking for.

David

·
Vendor
35,749 Posts
May I recommend the 65% let-off. The difference in the draw cycle between the 65 and 80 is unbelievable. I love the 65 and hate the 80.

Strings are junk. Get some good ones, WC, VT, Bucknasty, etc...

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Hoyt

You might love it. I have shot hoyt for over 15 years. I bought a trykon 6 months ago. I didnt care for it. I only shot a few hundred out of her but did not care for the way it felt when I drew it. I sold the trykon and bought a diamond justice. I love the was the diamond shoots. It should be a great hunting bow. I still love hoyt and have a vtec and protec. Shot the trykon for yourself and see how she feels.

·
Registered
8,627 Posts
I love my XL. It will seem a little harsh on the initial pull. It does take some getting used to. I have shot my enough that I do not notice it at all. The strings and cables are not the best. The bow is quite and fairly fast. On the shot there is no vibration. I did put a STS on mine and WOW! You can make one even quiter.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
My tip is this.....If you didn't already ordered it,then get the Ultratec....otherwise enjoy!!!!!

Oh yea,and like said....get some good strings....

Have fun.......

·
Registered
685 Posts
It took a long time to love my trycon xl! I hated that twang from the string and then I found the STS system!
True love once again!!!!
Next season I will be changing the string and cables for sure!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thought I made a big mistake by trading in my Switchback for the Trykon XL- (can you say TWANG) UNTIL crackers put strings/cables, STS, and some mojo-voodoo #$%$# on it and now its 2nd to none! Best bow I've ever shot!

·
Team #28
5,828 Posts
I am a big Hoyt fan! I really like their bows. I have an '05 Vtec and absolutely love it. However, when shopping for a back up this past year, I shot the Trykon and it did not come close to feel compared to my Vtec. The Vtec just draws better for me, and holds better. So for my backup bow I am now shooting a Ross Cr334. Remember this is just my OPINION.

Shoot what fits you and you like the best. But as stated above, get rid of the Hoyt stock strings and get a custom string in 452X material. Your peep will never move once in place.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts