Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok here's my issue. In order to get my Katera XL to paper tune correctly the rest on my bow is over pretty close to the riser. If you look down the string and riser the arrow is way in.

My question is if it shoots good like this should I be worried? I just have never had a bow that was not more "square".

I know the arrow is a little underspined, but I shot a ACC 3-71 and it does the same thing.

G5 Striker mags fly great out to 40 yards.

Specs:

RH, Katera XL 29/71#
Axis 400 arrow, with 100 grain tip.
Limbdriver rest.

· Registered
2,991 Posts
Seems like that's kind of par for the course with most all bows these days...the left tear.

I think the centershot on the Katera XL is supposed to be 3/4" (which is fairly close to that riser.)

If you're way more inside than that (3/4") it could be other issues, if not and as long as you're getting clearance I'd shoot that puppy.

· Registered
1,989 Posts
I have the Hoyt Katera XL with 30" DL. I think your arrows are under spined. For my 30" draw at 70#, the Axis 340 is nearly under spined. 340 is probably what you should be using. Of the arrows I've shot through my bow, I like CX Maxima 3D select 350's. These have a different spine rating than most carbons. 30" plus 70# puts me on the cusp of two different sizes. 340 and 300. With Maxima 350's I'm right in the middle. Plus they are lighter =faster. With the problems you described, I also wounder about how you grip the bow. Just a thought. The tune marks are ballpark. not precise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.