Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2010 model LH turbo hawk (60#, 29.5" DL) in March of this year. The shop I bought the bow from set it up originally with a whisker biscuit which ultimately destroyed my arrow fletchings. A month ago, I had them install a QAD ultra rest to save my arrow fletchings and hopefully get the bow shooting better.

Well, I opened up a can of worms. After much trouble shooting, the fletchings still hit the rest. With the TL1 launcher installed and the nock set slightly high per QAD's recommendation, I still get fletching contact. The fletchings also hit the arrow rest when the nock is set level with the rest.

The shop is stumped and we are both getting frustrated. Based off of what I have experienced, it seems they are not too familiar with Cam and 1/2 bows, which certainly isn't helping matters. What are some possible issues to look into that are causing this? Could there be a cam timing or synchronization issue?

Any help is graciously appreciated.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I would suggest you to find a good Hoyt proefficient bow shop. You have to get the bow tuned. Even a brand new bow needs tuning, just imagine one that has shoot it's first 100 hundred shots. The strings have moved for sure.

Then, with the qad install= forget the T1 luncher.
Make sure that the nock point is about 1/8 to 1/4 high.
Arrow rest should hold the arrow approx to the Berger hole.
Make sure that the rest comes fully up in the last 1/2-1 inch of the draw lenght.
Make sure that the timing marks on the rest are right when at full draw.

Mush

·
Registered
293 Posts
You have the hunter model. The "LD" or "HD" models have a lock down feature. The rest is bouncing back up into your fletching. I solved the same problem with a G5 expert pro. You could try to tune the rest to pull up a scoshe sooner so that it falls again ahead of the fletching but it puts a fair amount of stress on the rest and cable.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys. I was able to adjust the rest so the fletching contact is minimized, but its still there. I can't say for sure if the rest is bouncing, but if I trigger it by hand it seems to stay down.

I actually had to adjust the rest to come up slightly before everyone has recommended. When I set it to come up at 1/2" - 3/4" before full draw, it was getting whacked pretty good.

I'm not happy with the fletching contact, but I can't mess with it anymore before my season starts. The bow is still shooting tight groups so it will have to do. As soon as I can, I'll be replacing it with a higher end model.

I have to say though, the support from QAD is top notch, for that reason, I'll definitely stick with one of their products when I replace the hunter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts