Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to buy a new bow. I have a Hoyt Rintec which has been very reliable but Ive grown out of it recently its 40-50 lb, 26-28.5 length and its totally maxed out. Ive read up on the turbohawks but want some personal insight on it. 28.5-30 60-70 lb All I need is a reliable hunting bow I only shoot comps. once or twice a year. I would also like to know what a new one out of the shop would be. Although if someone has one on here I would be interested.

Thanks, Aaron

·
Registered
11,033 Posts
Hoyt Turbowhawk

New at the dealer is $550 retail. You can get them on eBay or the used threads here for $400 - $475,

IMO the best bow on the market for the money.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Very, very happy with mine. Also paid about $550. Worth every penny and then some. You'll need the #3 XTR cams. Extra modules are only, like, $20. I bought mine in 27" DL (#2 Cams) and picked up a 26.5" module with the bow. I bounced back and forth untill I settled on 26.5". For $20 extra, I'd recommend picking up another set of drawlength modules in the one size away from whatever you get on the bow so you can get used to your new bow.

Definitely shoot one before your buy. Draw cycle is a bit harder that the versa-cams on your Rintec. But I'm betting you'll like it. Should fit your needs perfectly.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
best bow on the market for the money ,, its great bow!

·
Archery Addict
3,693 Posts
It is a great bow for that price range. It does not have a string stop on it nor a rear mounting hole for one. Coolhandluke on AT make the best string stop in existence for that bow. I did not like the now at all until I put a string stop on it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I walked out the door with mine for 529. i love it, just a good hunting bow all around and maybe a 3d or two during the off season. go shoot one you will like it too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got mine about a month ago and couldnt be happier with it. You cant beat it for the money, I also got a vibekiller from coolhandluke and it makes a huge difference. IMO its a great buy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just got an 09 two weeks ago on ebay, picked it up for $465, quiver, sight, QAD HD rest and a release. I looked for about 2 months and shot several bows and decided the TH was the one for me. I have only shot about 40 arrows through it so far but I love it.....of course I was shooting about a 15 year old PSE that weight about 6 lbs!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys and when you say 550 new from the shop is that a bare bow or loaded? I'd like to sell my bow with everything it has and buy a whole new setup if possible. Thanks,Aaron

·
Shooter of flesh
7,661 Posts
Thanks guys and when you say 550 new from the shop is that a bare bow or loaded? I'd like to sell my bow with everything it has and buy a whole new setup if possible. Thanks,Aaron
All the one's that we sell at our shop are loaded, ready to go, but I'm not sure of the price.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Mine was for bare bow - $550

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've had mine for 2 months and could not be happier with it. Paid 700 out the door but only had a biscuit, sight and peep installed. Did get the CHL vibe killer for another 45. The bow is smooth without the CHL but definitely better with it on. So, if you plan on getting it totally loaded you're probably going to be around 800 to 850.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Just bought one a couple weeks ago after a long absents from archery. It was about 550 bare. I was over 900 by the time I got everything I need to get started.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts