Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello archary talk, I need some expert advice on a bow. I shot a Mathews switchback for several years. My son outgrew his Darton, so I gave him my switchback, which was my excuse to buy a new bow. I bought the Hoyt Turbohawk. I shoot 62 pounds, and bought a 60/70 Hoyt. Not bashing the Hoyt, but it doesn't shoot well for me. I shot a Mathews S2 at my local shop, and loved it. It also is a 60/70, turned back to 62. I grouped three arrows in 3 inches, the first time I shot the bow. Very smooth, quiet bow. I'm just afraid that I should order a 50/60 and max it out, which is what I did to my Switchback. I have a lot of time and $ in the Turbohawk, which I will give to my other son who shoots it very well. I guess what I need to know is if you guys think a 50/60 maxed out will be better than a 60/70 turned back? Thanks for any information!!

·
Registered
7,426 Posts
I guess what I need to know is if you guys think a 50/60 maxed out will be better than a 60/70 turned back? Thanks for any information!!
That one comes up regularly, and the answers will run from "absolutely" to "never".

60lbs on a current technology bow is adequate for most game in NA, and is certainly enough for the smaller deer species. The question is are you more comfortable with a 60lb bow, and are you there due to wear and tear on a shoulder or elbow?

·
Archery Addict
3,693 Posts
to bad mathews doesn't do the 55# to 65# limbs for the s2 like they do for the reezen and Dxt. Have you tried the Dxt?

They say a bow performs best at its peak weight.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I like drawing 60lbs......But when I shot the S2 I told him to set it to 70 and that thing was so easy and smooth drawing at 70lbs that I wouldnt mind shootin it at 70....this is probly of no help to your question but just thought I would give my 2 cents....You should probly just get whatever your comfortable with it your money

1 - 4 of 4 Posts