Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like the Turbohawk turned out to be such a popular bow, thought I'd start a thread where some TH owners could share their setup and some pics of their rig. I got mine middle of February of this year.

There is a lot of hunting pressure where I hunt, so I went a little crazy with the sound dampening. Got a CoolHandLuke Vibekiller, added some Fuse silencers to the cables, and put a RiserShox on upper and lower riser holes and found a spot to tuck a RiserShox in my Fuse sight bracket. The rest of my setup is in my signature.

I still got some tuning to do, but it shoots great. I've been hitting some pretty good 3D scores with it (for me, anyway :embara: ) and I seem to get more accurate with it each week. I should also mention, this is my first time shooting right-handed :confused:.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone else??

·
Registered
367 Posts
I shoot a turbohawk. I love mine. It is set at 52 pounds with a 28 inch draw.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I am a proud owner of a Turbohawk. I got mine in Dec. as a Christmas present (that I picked out) from my husband. He got the Maxxis 31 too. Anyway mine is for 3D and hunting and I got tired of camo so I went blacked out. I have a Sword Twilight Hunter micro adjust 5 pin sight, and I am puttin a limbdriver rest on it after this weekends 3D tournament. Right now I have the Fuse Acculauncher on it. Toped off with a Dead Center Archery stabilizer.. I love this bow, I have had many bows but none like this one.. :shade:Check her out..

·
Registered
425 Posts
My buddy has a Power Hawk and I like Hoyt dont get me wrong, but its one of the worst shooting bows I've shot.. It sounds like a 12 gauge. He has the factory limb savers, cheap Stab, and factory string silencers, wisker biscutt and Trophy Ridge sight. He recently had it tuned it shoots much better however its still cannon loud.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I got mine in late Jan or early Feb, I cant remember. I have the TruGlo Extreme 5 pin micro adjust sight, G5 peep, QAD Ultra HD, shooting Easton Lightspeed 400s. Oh im shooting 62# @ 30in.
I really wish I would have got mine in black. They look awesome.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
My buddy has a Power Hawk and I like Hoyt dont get me wrong, but its one of the worst shooting bows I've shot.. It sounds like a 12 gauge. He has the factory limb savers, cheap Stab, and factory string silencers, wisker biscutt and Trophy Ridge sight. He recently had it tuned it shoots much better however its still cannon loud.
He must have issues with it if it is loud. Something is not right with it. I have had ppl brag on how silent mine is. I have all factory silencers in limbs and on string. But my custome stab on it with bow jax on it.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe too light of arrow? Somethin's gotta be wrong. My buddy shoots a Reflex (like, the same bow) and it is fine.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am a proud owner of a Turbohawk. I got mine in Dec. as a Christmas present (that I picked out) from my husband. He got the Maxxis 31 too. Anyway mine is for 3D and hunting and I got tired of camo so I went blacked out. I have a Sword Twilight Hunter micro adjust 5 pin sight, and I am puttin a limbdriver rest on it after this weekends 3D tournament. Right now I have the Fuse Acculauncher on it. Toped off with a Dead Center Archery stabilizer.. I love this bow, I have had many bows but none like this one.. :shade:Check her out..
So he got a Maxxis and only got you a Turbohawk? Maybe you can switch bows in the bowcases while he's asleep :D.

·
Registered
540 Posts
i love my turbohawk. its awesome. my internet is kinda funky right now and wont let me post pictures. but it is all camo with factory everything, and it and shoots like a dream:D:D:D:D:thumbs_up:star: its somewhere in between 50 & 60 pounds and is a 27" draw.

·
Registered
425 Posts
He's shooting a 380 grain arrow... 29.5 @ 70 pounds.. but yea we cant figure it out.. nothing is loose.. its just loud.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
So he got a Maxxis and only got you a Turbohawk? Maybe you can switch bows in the bowcases while he's asleep :D.
LOL 1 major problem,, he has a 30" DL and me a 27".. lol and I dont look at it as me ONLY gettin turbohawk.. I picked it out. I looked over all the specs of all the bows and it fit ME best.. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
540 Posts
the main thing that sold me on the turbohawk is that to me it felt just like the alphamax except that is was a little bit easier on the wallet:thumbs_up

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
the main thing that sold me on the turbohawk is that to me it felt just like the alphamax except that is was a little bit easier on the wallet:thumbs_up
Well what sold me on it was the physical weight. I am not able to go to our shop and take a bow off the shelf and shoot it. They dont carry them in DL and DW to fit me

·
Registered
540 Posts
my other bow was lighter than the turbohawk but i like the weight of it also seems alot more steady than my old bow.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just purchased a turbohawk, just finished getting it all set up, I just need to get a target so that I can start shooting it. I know when I shot it at shop I loved it and I couldnt tell the difference between the trubohawk and the alphamax. I have a truglow 3pin sight, truglow 5 arrow quiver, fuse stabilizer and whisker biscuit rest.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
im getting one soon, I can't wait

·
Registered
540 Posts
hey snapple what color is your TH goin to be.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well what sold me on it was the physical weight. I am not able to go to our shop and take a bow off the shelf and shoot it. They dont carry them in DL and DW to fit me
I'm really confused by the Hoyt Vicxen. I think its great they are making a bow geared toward our archery sisters, but I was a little disappointed in the specs - no XT500 limbs?? I can see why you would picked the TH. I'm getting 258fps out of 62# and 26.5" DL with a 380g arrow.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts