Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Fred Bear trx and its about 5-7 yrs old,my step dad gave it to me, and im really starting to notice its age,ie: needs new string,new site, cams are messed up. I have been looking at getting a new bow for a while now and i have pretty much made up my mind o a hoyt and im leaning tword the turbohawk. i like this one because its affordable and its a newer model i like what ive herd about it i just wanted someone else's opinion. Should i buy it or not

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I'm in the proces of buying a turbohawk now. I won't have mine till febuary when I get back to MY home in Ca.

·
Registered
11,288 Posts
Buy it! Just do a search on here and you will hear nothing but praise for it. I love mine, killed three deer with it this year:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
You won't regret it!

I bought one earlier during the summer and I have been shooting it very well ever since. Extremely smooth draw, little or no vibration and deadly accurate. Why spend the extra money when you won't get much return. Some complain about the riser being lower quality but I have never had a problem with a magnesium riser. I don't use mine as a ramp or a club so strength is not a problem. You can not beat this bow for the money!

·
Registered
455 Posts
bow

Buy it I have no regrets. Smooth, quiet and easy to set up plus for the money you won't go wrong

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Everyone who has purchased this bow since it came out late this past summer is still singing it's praises.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I love mine. Have pics up on another thread.. check them out. Ready to kill a turkey in april.

·
Archery Addict
3,693 Posts
I just got rid of mine, but, its an awesome bow. Bang for your buck, I feel its the best bow Hoyt makes. It is almost the same thing as an Alpha Max with the exception of the riser and of course the price tag.

If you get one make sure you get a string stop from coolhandluke on here. He has designed a string stop specifically for that bow and it works awesome. and the price is very reasonable.

·
Registered
201 Posts
:)Just ordered mine today and wait till I get it. Its a little Christmas gift to my self. Hoyt Bows catch my eye like Bees to honey.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey thanks guys/girls for all your input and im just wondering because at my local pro shop (Buck Rub) if i remember correctly it is around like $550, please correct me if i'm rong cuz im kind of on a budget

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
hey thanks guys/girls for all your input and im just wondering because at my local pro shop (Buck Rub) if i remember correctly it is around like $550, please correct me if i'm rong cuz im kind of on a budget
That is indeed what they are selling for most places

·
Registered
42 Posts
Bought one for my wife this year. She said it was like going from driving a bug to a Sports car.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
There are some very good mid-price point bows out there right now- but I believe the Turbohawk is the best value on the market at this time. Use the $300+ you save over an AM32/MX31 to buy quality arrows, a CHL string supressor, etc.

·
Registered
850 Posts
A local shop is selling the THs for $479.

·
Living The Dream
3,796 Posts
No, mine has not come off time since July, and i shoot daily. Is the Buck Rub you are referring to in WI?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yep and could you please keep following this post because i know im goin to have more questiins and again yes the buck rub is in pewaukee

·
Living The Dream
3,796 Posts
Yep, no problem. Word to the wise, there are alot of shops in the area, do some checking around, sometimes its not the price of the bow, but the service you receive before,during and after the sale of bow, especially accessories...I bought mine from Tony in lake Geneva-Arrowsmiths....That is almost 2 hours from where I live and he was worth the drive...There are a couple of other local shops that I frequent as well for other items and since I am buying a backup bow, there is alot of research to do before I drop some more coin...

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thats cool thanks and do you live in wisconsin because I live in Hales Corners but yeah i have been looking around and some of the ppl at buck rub are cool but there are some guys who are just dicks but yeah and i think my step dad(hes really into hunting/fishing and knows his shtuff) is actually going to let me buy this bow because im only 15 but he wants to no like everything and i usually dont buy anything without his consent because he is very wise when it comes to hunting and fishing and just another wuestion about the bow is it heavy because my fred bear is like 4.3 pounds and it really hurts my shoulder

1 - 20 of 27 Posts