Archery Talk Forum banner

Hoyt Ultraelite vs Proelite

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wondering which of these two bows you guys like better and why? I currently have a ultra but was thinking of trying out a pro. Most of the competitions I will shoot with this bow will be indoor and outdoor targets.

Thanks for the help,
GB

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
I prefer the slightly deflexed geometry of the Pro risers. I've had a ProElite, but currently shoot a few ProTecs (at least until I find something that works better for me). They just seem to settle quicker on target after drawing than deflexed Ultra risers and seem, to me at least, to be a little more resistant to torque. Plus getting a generous BH, even with XT2000s and Spirals, makes for a bow that is both quick and forgiving, something not often seen in faster bows.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
I prefer the slightly deflexed geometry of the Pro risers. I've had a ProElite, but currently shoot a few ProTecs (at least until I find something that works better for me). They just seem to settle quicker on target after drawing than REFLEXED Ultra risers and seem, to me at least, to be a little more resistant to torque. Plus getting a generous BH, even with XT2000s and Spirals, makes for a bow that is both quick and forgiving, something not often seen in faster bows.
I can't get the edit function to work. :eek:

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. I will probably get one with 3000 limbs, do you think the brace will feel to big compared to my ultra with 3000's?

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I will probably get one with 3000 limbs, do you think the brace will feel to big compared to my ultra with 3000's?
There's less than an inch difference in BH. It shouldn't feel weird at all. It will just have smaller cams and rock back towards you more than an Ultra. :mg: It will take a little more front stab weight with less back weight (or maybe none) than an Ultra, too, which can make for a lighter overall setup while using a deflexed riser.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok that sounds pretty good. So the proelite will probably take more weight on the front, because of the way that it rocks back toward you at full draw?

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
Ok that sounds pretty good. So the proelite will probably take more weight on the front, because of the way that it rocks back toward you at full draw?
Yup. It'll roll back more with both bows bare. Deflexed risers sort of have their own back weight built right in.

For me and my 28" DL I've come to like the Pro with XT2000 limbs. Perfect size for me. And I can crack 300fps with spirals and an IBO arrow, and with a BH over 7". :eek:

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup. It'll roll back more with both bows bare. Deflexed risers sort of have their own back weight built right in.

For me and my 28" DL I've come to like the Pro with XT2000 limbs. Perfect size for me. And I can crack 300fps with spirals and an IBO arrow, and with a BH over 7". :eek:
Man your getting pretty good speeds out of that pro. The more I think about it I'm liking the pro. So do you like the spiral cams? What weight are you shooting at?

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
Man your getting pretty good speeds out of that pro. The more I think about it I'm liking the pro. So do you like the spiral cams? What weight are you shooting at?
This is with a '06 XT2000 ProTec, 28", 60", 302gr Redlines. The same basic geometry as the ProElite, but no shoot through. I have a 20 strand string with 4" of center serving, tweaked the speed nocks and played with cam rotation a bit, which Hoyt hybrids seem to respond to very well. You can get most of them I've played with to break their IBO ratings by 10fps or more. This '06 ProTec is IBOing at 320 and is rated for 310 I believe. I don't see why a ProElite could hit the same speeds.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats pretty good out of a protec. I think I'm gonna have to look around the classifieds and see whats there. Well thanks for all the help, X.

·
Time Flies
13,281 Posts
I have a pretty short draw length (26.5"), so the only way I would shoot a Pro Elite is if it had 2000 limbs on it. Otherwise, I'd stick with the Ultra.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
have you

Have you tried the Vantage Elite it is to me and allot of other shooters is the best mix of every thing you want in a competition bow .I have owned and loved both the U/E and the P/E but the V/E out shine sthem both just a bit, and has my vote for best competition bow on the planet...er..um.. thats just my opinion..lol but seriously if you can go give one a test drive or just buy one sight unseen like I did!! it was the best money I have ever spent on a bow.
Ps times are hard so I must sell it ..if your interested.:eek:

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Have you tried the Vantage Elite it is to me and allot of other shooters is the best mix of every thing you want in a competition bow .I have owned and loved both the U/E and the P/E but the V/E out shine sthem both just a bit, and has my vote for best competition bow on the planet...er..um.. thats just my opinion..lol but seriously if you can go give one a test drive or just buy one sight unseen like I did!! it was the best money I have ever spent on a bow.
Ps times are hard so I must sell it ..if your interested.:eek:
Yes, I have tried the VE and for outdoor I ended up going with the UE. The VE shot nice but I grouped better with my UE. Thats why I am thinking of the proelite, cause it has the little bit bigger brace but basically the same as the UE.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ps times are hard so I must sell it ..if your interested.:eek:[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I would like to try a PE before trying a VE again.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
There both great....and I don't think you can really choose which is best for you without shooting both of them. :)

I prefer the PE over the UE....but I shoot both fine and would have no problem making the UE my main bow. But for me the PE just aims better and it's a bit more forgiving.

But I do shoot the UE VERY well....but on my off days I shot better with PE.:)

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
I've owned two of each, and I'm back to the Pro Elite...I shoot the Pro Elite better, and the deflexed riser seems to be what I prefer...I had a Vantage Pro with Spirals last winter, and maybe I didnt give it a fair shake, but I prefer it third behind the Ulra Elite, or Pro Elite.....I wanted to add that I dont have a long draw, though...27" to 27 1/2" ...I still havent decided which draw length I prefer...Seems with the deflexed riser of the Pro Elite, that I can shoot a little bit longer draw length, with the Ultra Elite, I needed to be very "Tight" at full draw....I'm wierd.....Harperman

1 - 20 of 20 Posts