Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my first post, but I've been lurking a while. I have an Ultratec with spiral cams that was dryfired, and now one of the cams is out of time. There is no visible damage to the bow,string,or harness but the top cam is at least a quarter inch off from the bottom, and the nock loop is also about a quarter inch lower now. My question is should I have the string and cables replaced right away or try re-timing by twisting?

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
With that much movement something catastrophic happened. Replace the strings and cables and retune. Since you will have the rigging off anyway, you might as well check the axles and everything else too.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
what you really need to do is take it to your shop or a shop ths is a hoyt dealer and have them totally take it down to pieces to check everything.

make sure whoever takes it apart takes the cam axles and rolls them on a flat surface to make sure they're not bent. (preferrably a piece of glass works best on this)

if it wasn't you that dryfired it i would make the person pay for the teardown that did it. i know some shops that charge 15 to 20 bucks when this happens.

also if someone else did this have them pay to bring back everything to working order.

now if it was a kid of yours, ground him,lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, it was my son that let it get away from him on the dryfire, and he's staying a county away from me right now till I cool down. I went ahead and took it to the pro shop and we found no damage except the string and harness. I have a new winners choice on order for it.Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts