Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have an UltraTec with XT2000 limbs and H-F-RT/H-F-RB Cam & 1/2 set to "A" draw alignment set-up and the draw length is still too big for me (my draw length is about 28").
1) Shall I change only cams to H-C (from H-F) or replace the limbs to XT3000 as well?
2) Any other suggestion/recommendation?
3) How much shall that cost me?
BR,
Doron

·
EXTREME BOWSTRINGS
11,626 Posts
how long of a draw do you have? after looking at your cam size you need to go to a E base cam or D base cam, either one of these will cover your draw perfectly.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx Ron for your help.
My draw length is about 28-28.5" and my cam is "F" size, probably too big for me, even at "A" alignment position.
1) Where can I purchase only cams? I couldn't find on the web?
2) Where can I find articles or publications on the various cam sizes? I could google it.

Thanx again,
Doron

·
Registered
578 Posts
Look at the site from Hoyt, the technical stuff, tuning charts...

The F cam is 30 Inch, measured in position D (if the bow is before 2006)
So you can get it back to 28 Inch. So it should fit, although position A is not the best one to set the bow to.
Allways try to get it into D or E. Shoots the best.

I think you wanted the D cam. That one is 28 Inch. Can be set back far enough. (to 26 Inch)

When shooting below 29 Inch, I would nog think about XT3000.
And the price overhere for a set of new limbs, 400 Euro, makes you tink more then twice.
Cams also are 225 Euro overhere, that is why I sell my bow and get another one if it doesn't fit me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My bow has the D module and is 29" in that position. If I'm not mistaken, the E module is 30" and the F is 31" in the D position. It sounds like you should be looking for a C module, but keep in mind that you will also need a new string and cables and now it's starting to get expensive. The best you can hope for is to sell your F module to get some of your money back. Honestly, if it were me, I'd sell it and buy 28" Ultratec and get exactly what you want. Good Luck, Dave

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
You should beable to find a set in the classifieds. If you change to 3000 limbs you will still have to change cams. If you keep your current cams your draw will be alot longer than it is now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts