Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon all.

I’m very new to bow hunting but I’m determined to get good at it, and to learn everything i can. First question I have are about upgrades I recently purchased a Hoyt Carbon Spyder FX, and I’m curious about what things I can upgrade on it, such as Cams, Limbs and so on. Looking forward to hearing from others.

·
Rattle Yer Head!
1,257 Posts
how about filling us in on what your draw weight is, draw length,etc. otherwise you upgrade accessories like arrows, rests, and sights, generally not cams and limbs, unless you are on the light side of draw weights. IE max 60# wanting to go to 70#, and so on.

welcome to AT

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Draw weight is 65lbs, draw length is 29”, I’m looking to get a new rest, new strings, and trying to find a thumb release that doesn’t break the bank, but I’m a fan of nockon so it’s hard lol

·
Registered
398 Posts
That is a fine hunting bow. I prefer Trufire wrist release and whisker biscuit for hunting. Quality string set like ABB is also beneficial.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I found a Carbon Spyder FX on trade and love it. Size is great and plenty of power for my FMJ's.

The QAD drop away sight that came stock on the bow is great if you still have that and functions similar to the Elevate from NockOn otherwise you can't go wrong with the whisker biscuit.

New NockOn website is awesome. I'm a fan also.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
String if needed & Guessing the answer is yes. Rest, Id give a Hamske trinity a look for sure then you may look into sights. As long as it fits your draw length and hopefully it does, should be no need to mess with cams. What and where do you intend to hunt?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Well cams can’t really be “upgraded” most of the time if you are swapping cams and mods its because the draw length is too short or long and if you’re swapping limbs it’s cause you want to increase or decrease the draw weight. As far as upgrades go we really need to know what you’re currently using to have a baseline. You could already have a really good setup that doesn’t need “upgrading.”

1 - 8 of 8 Posts