Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recentley bought a hoyt hat and it said it was made in CHINA

WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
You "BOUGHT" a Hoyt hat???????? WHY??????

Someone whats me to advertise for them they better "GIVE" me the hat....

·
Registered
34,165 Posts
If you didn't know HOYT is a BOW COMPANY NOT A HAT COMPANY.
They make bows not clothes.

Javelina Hoyt didn't ask you to advertise for them. What kind of camo do you wear? Did you get it for free? Did you get your Razor Tec for free? Every time someone sees you shoot that bow you are advertising for HOYT.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
For one Team canada hat a lady on our world team recieved 2-3 hoyt hats I believe. I guess they must have liked our hat. One of the guys I know shooting Western Canada games right now Mike Schleppe is wearing one. Good shooting.
Dylan

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Sorry you are unhappy with where your hat was made.

The bows are made in Salt Lake City, Utah, which is (sort of) part of the USA.

I think your post title might be a little misleading.

(By the way, where was the keyboard on which you typed your post made ?)

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Brown Hornet said:
If you didn't know HOYT is a BOW COMPANY NOT A HAT COMPANY.
They make bows not clothes.

Javelina Hoyt didn't ask you to advertise for them. What kind of camo do you wear? Did you get it for free? Did you get your Razor Tec for free? Every time someone sees you shoot that bow you are advertising for HOYT.
Just cause I drive a Dodge does not mean I advertise for them, I guess you could say if someone see me eating at Burger King, that I'm advertising for them.

I don't pay for hats, jackets or shirts with someones name stuck on them, nor do I wear camo with REALTREE or MOSSY OAK in big letters across the front. I've seen plenty of gear made that way, but I won't buy it...
If you want to be an unpaid billboard go ahead, it doesn't make me any difference.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Well, who cares?

It's made whereever it's made - blind patriotism has no place in a multicultural, global, society.

·
EPLC Stabilization 4-Sale
9,432 Posts
I guess they just don't make hats here anymore... In fact look at the lables on all of your clothes :(

Fact is, many/most of the best bows in the world are designed and manufactured right here in the good ol' USA :)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You would think that a company by the Name HOYT USA that claimes all there products are made in the usa could at least buy there apperal in the USA not CHINA, What a joke I bet over half of there bow parts are made in china that is probley why they are haveing problems shipping there bows, although I like my bow I do not like the made in CHINA on my hat by a american company.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea a Hat that is MADE IN CHINA by a company that parades around that everything they sell is american made that is the only reason why I bought the hat.

But I guess that is just another miss advertisement Like there 2003 bows this year.

D

·
0 Posts
The BEST hats are made in BANGLADESH!!...

...100% cotton and they come in GREEN and have a real nice JOHN DEERE LOGO on the front...

...they give me a FREE one with every tractor or combine purchase:cool: ...

...neere as the Deere can figure...

...FREE JD HATS costs a 100k a pop:p ...

...if you guys are BUYING a Chinese cap for $8-$15 to go along with a $500-$900 MADE IN AMERICA HOYT bow??...

...I'd say your getting the greatest BARGIN since the MING DYNASTY:cool: ...might better keep it "under" your millinery and be>>>--->:)

>>>---DD--->;)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am in the local( UAW) I would rather put on my High country hat than my Hoytie boy Hat

at least it was made in the USA

·
I'd rather be hunting!
1,897 Posts
I can top 'em all! I saw a guy at the ASA Southern Federation shooting a Mathews bow with a Hoyt U.S.A. hat on! And HIS hat was made in China also! What the he!! is the world coming to?;) :confused: ;)

·
Banned
636 Posts
I just went through some of my hats....

1- LimbSave Staff (01 AMO show)--------------China
2-Brunton--------------------------------------------China
3- Trophy Ridge-------------------------------------Bangladesh
4- Hicks Archery Products--------------------------China
5- CAP(Carolina Archery Products----------------China
6- Badlands-------------------------------------------China
7- Vita-rack--------------------------------------------China
8- PSE Carbon Force Arrows-----------------------China
9-Hoyt(4 diffrent ones)-------------------------------China

And thats just the ones in this room, doesn't bother me, they all keep the sun out of my eyes.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
If everybody purchased everything “made in America” from the raw materials to the labor to finished product. The economy would collapse. It’s called Economics and it has been going on since boats could float if not longer.

Who knows the raw materials for that hat may have been purchased right here in the USA??? And then yes…. “made in China” Hoyt may be doing us a favor by selling as many as “made in China BUT raw materials coming from the US hats “ as they can. They could be actually HELPING the economy in some small way by keeping the producers of the raw materials in business.

But then it is just a hat . The next thing you’ll tell me is that the raw materials … the chunks of aluminum that Hoyt purchased to machine that “made in USA bow” came from Japan or China or…… Never mind … that NEVER happens anyhow…Does It??? You mean Hoyt may have HELPED the economy of another country by making bows in the US??
:rolleyes: ;)

1 - 20 of 71 Posts