Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know what the preference is for the Y cable on an ultratec between the floating yoke or a split cable.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Personally, I shoot a floating yoke on all my Hoyts. This is kind if like a Chevy vs Ford thing. They will both work, and you will probably get close to a 50/50 split on the answers. Try both and see what you like. I think even the Hoyt pros are pretty split on how they set them up.

macatac

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
yep, I think it's a tie . . . I use the floating yoke and have no problems with it and cam lean seems to be a non-issue; however I have heard that "a lot of the pros" like the old style fixed yoke so they can twist one side more than the other to compensate for cam lean . . . which I don't seem to have anyway . . . go figure . . .

·
Back Yard Champion
29,762 Posts
This static and floating issue has been brought several times in the last year or so. I think it is the introduction, what bow a person starts out with. Hoyt use to have static yokes and now floating yokes. All my static yokes have been switched to floating yokes and with no problems.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
I have tried both. I will be sticking with the floating yoke.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts