Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You folks were very helpful in helping me determine the age of my 2001 Hoyt UltraTec XT3000. Although it appears to be in good shape, I want to get it back into shooting shape with new string and cables. I have that figured out, but also figure once I put it into the bow press I should consider replacing the axles and bushings. Does anyone know who might carry those parts? I am looking for an online site. Thanks

·
Back Yard Champion
34,368 Posts
Better just inspect. My 2000 UltraTec, well over 50,000 shots put through it, is in prestine condition, just clean and lube. My 2000 MagnaTec, Mag brother of the UltraTec, never tore down, deadly accurate.
XT2000 and XT3000 limbs are considered bullet proof.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
Just clean and polish the axles, clean the bushings and lube everything up. You should be good to go. If you had newer cams you wouldn't even need to do that since they have sealed bearings instead of bushings.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. I see that Hoyt recommends lubricating with a silicone or teflon based product. I have 1) Victor White Lithium Grease; 2) Loctite Anti-seize Grease; and Panef Powdered Graphite Lube. Will any of these work? If I need to get a different silicone or teflon lube, what do you recommend? Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.