Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this bow from a fellow member here and wondering if any other LTD owners could recommend a hard bow case. This monster measures 45" A to A, but 47.5" from tip of wheel to tip of wheel. The Plano Bone Collector model would appear to be slightly too small based on advertised measurements. What say you?

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have a couple of Vantage Pros that are 41 ATA but with the larger cams overall length is right at 46". These bows will fit the Plano case you you talked about but there is no room left.

I am not sure but I believe the long SKB case will work for you, cost a few dollars but very well made.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know SKB. I had a nice SKB, but then I got a Mathews Switchback, and it wouldn't fit the parallel limb bow, so I bought another SKB rectangular case for the Switchback, which is now about 6" too short for the Hoyt. I should have bought stock in SKB.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I just bought a Reflex Caribou today which is the same size as the Vantage LTD. I already have this case. The inside length is right at 47.5" so I'm hoping the bow will squeak in there. I'll let you know when I get it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, briwayjones. The Flambeau website says they are 49", but I'm sure that is outside dimension. I'm in no real hurry to buy a case, just seeing what anyone else is using.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Yup, that's the outside dimension of the case.

·
Registered
442 Posts
My Caribou won't fit in the case. It's supposed to be 46" a to a but is actually 47.25". And about 48.5" tip of wheel to wheel.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
My Caribou won't fit in the case. It's supposed to be 46" a to a but is actually 47.25". And about 48.5" tip of wheel to wheel.
Wow, that's a long bow, does it have accu-wheels or cam 1/2? I'm using a soft case for mine right now but I'm looking to buy something sturdier for it. My LTD is 48" wheel-wheel. My soft case is an old Allen that I've had for years.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, the $64,000 question, do you think a bow measuring 47.5 tip to tip would fit? Okay, maybe it's only a $30 question, which about the price of the Flambeau case. May be worth the gamble.

·
Registered
442 Posts
It has accu-wheels! Because of the shape of the case I think it's too close to call whether the bow will squeak in there or not without trying it. If my bow was the same length as yours and it didn't quite fit in there I was going to trim out the inside edge of the seam of the case for the wheels to set down in. I think that would work good.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It has accu-wheels! Because of the shape of the case I think it's too close to call whether the bow will squeak in there or not without trying it. If my bow was the same length as yours and it didn't quite fit in there I was going to trim out the inside edge of the seam of the case for the wheels to set down in. I think that would work good.
Thanks, I may give it a shot. Guess I could return it if it doesn't fit.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Yeah, I think you could cut out the inside lip of the case like I mentioned. But you'll have to see if you want to do that if you get it.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Oh I think you can buy them at some sports Authority outlets too.

·
Registered
442 Posts
That case would definitely do the job. Too expensive for my taste though. When I get some money I think I might try to make myself a Neoprene soft/hard case.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll have to give Boyt a look. Today I was checking out the SKB double rifle/bow case that is 50" long interior dimension. I know that will work, but about $270. If I could sell my SKB that is too short then I would have an airline approved case that would also work for rifles. I may have to bite the bullet and get the SKB.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
I had an SKB before I bought the Boyt. (My Shadow cats wouldn't fit in the SKB). Hands down the Boyt is more durable and the cam latches are more secure and durable. It's just a much nicer case all the way around. OK well maybe it isn't as light but definitely tough as nails.

·
Registered
Hoyt/PSE Frankenbow, Browning Xcellerator III, PSE Nighthawk
479 Posts
'04 Caribou in a BowGuard here

1 - 19 of 19 Posts