Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have something bad to say about this bow? Reviews seem pretty positive and the specs seem great. Just sold my DXT and am thinking it might be time for a change.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Love mine. Best shooting bow I've ever owned. Very quiet, very smooth. Just set centershot, yoke tune it, and if your draw length is correct it will put field points, broadheads, and bare shafts together. Only bad thing I can say is the finish is pretty thin, but then I do handle my bow quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
They're great bows but didn't work for me. I just traded mine off. It was a great looking bow. Felt good but I just couldn't get very consistent with it. My scores for 3d went down with it. I don't totally blame the bow. Some bows just don't work for some people. I kinda wish I had tried replacing the cable rollers with a slide before giving up on it tho. Even tho it drove me crazy I would still recommend it.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Sorry I sold mine.One of the most consistantly accurate bows I've ever owned.The draw was a little rougher than the newer Hoyt cams,but not that much.Wish I had kept it, roller guards and all.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I came very close to buying one a few weeks ago. We set it up with all my gear on it and I spent a little over and hour shooting it, Ive got no complaints about it was smooth and quiet it just didnt do it for me cant put my finger on it.

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
Loved mine,thought I was owing the tax man so I sold it. Like already said,set centershot,and yoke tune. You WILL have to yoke tune it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Back wall was a little spongy for me. Also I personally didn't care for the draw. Its still a great shooting bow. I recommended it to a friend of mine and he loves it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've got alot of bows,but every now and then I grab the hoyt vt and it just shoots great!!!!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the replies. Even when people choose not go get one the seem to still have very positive things to say about it. Triumph and others, how does it compare to the Elite Answer or MR7 which I am also thinking about?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
It's a great bow. Mine is a tack driver if I do my part!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts