Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This refers to how many wins Hoyt has or Matthews or so on. I don't know about anyone else but I am tired of this being a bow company issue. Saying my bow is better than yours cuz mine won the USA nationals. Don't forget it is not the bow that won it was the shooter!! You can give Reo, Levi, Chance, Jeff and so on a stick with a string on it and they could still shoot well. It is not the tool its the carpenter!!!!!!

I shoot hoyt cuz I like how it feels not cuz Reo won US nationals with it. This kind of thing deters new archers from coming to shoots and also from asking questions to learn because they are afraid of getting embarrassed. This can NEGATIVELY effect our sport. We need more archers to get involved and come to shoots in order to keep our sport alive and also keep our prices from continuing to climb.

We don't want this sport to become a shoot in your backyard and go hunt only sport. We need people!!!!!!!

The other issue is if someone gives an opinion everyone feels they have to defend their bow company for some reason by bashing others like they are on the payroll or something. Let him give his opinion and to each his own.

This is why my post count is low by the way!!!!!! I am not new to archery I just don't judge a person by what bow they shoot or how fast they can type. I let their scores do the talking!!!!

·
XX78 User
4,890 Posts
They are both awesome bows!! I would and have shot them both :)

·
Remember.. Archery is fun
3,323 Posts
You know how it goes.

Same thing since the begining of time.

My mustang is better than your apaloosa :wink:

·
outback1
5,057 Posts
I agree with you, I shoot Mathews but the Hoyts are looking good to me this year. And I'll go ahead and tell you all I'll not win any shoots to up either companys stats LOL

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
I think you should use more exclamations points in your post!!!!!!!!!

:wink:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I agree

Ive read a couple times on here the same thing. Mathews has more wins combined. Then a Hoyt guy post all the national wins won by Hoyt. Hoyt makes excellent bow and had a great year. Its know that Hoyt dominates indoor and spot shooting were Mathews dominates 3D. Like what was said its not the bows its the person behind the bow. At their skill level you could hand them any bow and it would :eek: the heck out of ya on how accurate they are.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I have bounced between the two several times.

I get disgusted with Hoyt putting a nipple on the riser and changing the name X tec to V tec so I look at Mathews. Mathews went years and made the same bow 2 inches shorter. Neither enhance the technology. So when they come out with something I believe is an advantage or makes a difference it steers me in that direction. MTC

Tow great company's that produce high quality bows.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I agree. I have shot both and like both but own neither. I did shoot Mathews for a long time and Shot Hoyt for a couple of years. But I see these other Bow company's that are making and keeping up with the quality and shootability of bows today and I look for them to rank up there with the bigger companies. The main reason for shooting Mathews for so long was that one of my older brothers sold them and of course I got good deals. I shoot Rytera now and love shooting this bow. I will continue to shoot thses bows and support them as long as the bows they produce are quality and can keep up of not excell past the big bow companies. SHOOTER SHOOTER SHOOTER, This is the most honest statement today. Just to many bashes from people who havent even shot what they are bashing but it wont ever stop. I just ignore and look past the BS.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Hoyt uses the best components to build their bows. I dont think that mathews can deny that

What's that comment mean? Mathews doesn't? Give me a break. Another new Hoyt fanboy.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Looking at Mathews' marketing, you'd think they won 90% of any competition anywhere (average reader).

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
This refers to how many wins Hoyt has or Matthews or so on. I don't know about anyone else but I am tired of this being a bow company issue. Saying my bow is better than yours cuz mine won the USA nationals. Don't forget it is not the bow that won it was the shooter!! You can give Reo, Levi, Chance, Jeff and so on a stick with a string on it and they could still shoot well. It is not the tool its the carpenter!!!!!!

I shoot hoyt cuz I like how it feels not cuz Reo won US nationals with it. This kind of thing deters new archers from coming to shoots and also from asking questions to learn because they are afraid of getting embarrassed. This can NEGATIVELY effect our sport. We need more archers to get involved and come to shoots in order to keep our sport alive and also keep our prices from continuing to climb.

We don't want this sport to become a shoot in your backyard and go hunt only sport. We need people!!!!!!!

The other issue is if someone gives an opinion everyone feels they have to defend their bow company for some reason by bashing others like they are on the payroll or something. Let him give his opinion and to each his own.

This is why my post count is low by the way!!!!!! I am not new to archery I just don't judge a person by what bow they shoot or how fast they can type. I let their scores do the talking!!!!

so all I can gather from your post is; you must have posted this to get your post count up.

I get disgusted with Hoyt putting a nipple on the riser and changing the name X tec to V tec
I want a nipple on my hoyt. :D:

it all started with the dawn of time:
first cave man talking to second cave man.
what do you mean, you had to use a rock to kill it.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
I think the original post has a valid point.

Is there a bow company that DOESN'T make a bow accurate enough that a top shooter couldn't compete with it, let alone whoop most of us?

Do the Yankees win so many times because they've got the best uniform, or the best stadium?

If the company makes a good bow, for whatever purpose, they just do. The competitions are cool, and it's nice that the manufacturers sponsor them, but they don't do it purely for the love of the sport. They do it for marketing.

The reality is that a company can up their 'wins' (and I say that in '' marks, because the company didn't win, the shooter did) by simply spending more money to sponsor more shooters, without improving the bow at all.

The competitors drive themselves. The high profile competitions are largely a marketing tool.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Looking at Mathews' marketing, you'd think they won 90% of any competition anywhere (average reader).

Then they're doing an excellent job.

If you ask most people in the united states, if they've heard of Bose at all, they'd probably tell you they make pretty nice speakers too.

I didn't mean to compare Mathews to Bose, so please don't take that as a Mathews insult. What I meant is thatthe purpose of marketing is to convince a lot of people that they want what you have to sell.

·
I'm nicer than I appear
8,037 Posts
Personally, I'm getting tired of posts complaining about people complaining about posts that complain about people complaining about complaining people.

I apologize if I come across as rude, but the only way your gonna get to sing "We Are The World" is at a bow specific forum. AT is the way it is for a reason......and I kinda like it

Oh yeah, my Hoyt is better than your Hoyt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

·
Banned
3,502 Posts
Well it does sound like most are coming to there,their, they're census:wink: That ought to just about cover it!!!!!!! Shirley there is more......And don't ask me who surely is either:secret:

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Personally, I'm getting tired of posts complaining about people complaining about posts that complain about people complaining about complaining people.

I apologize if I come across as rude, but the only way your gonna get to sing "We Are The World" is at a bow specific forum. AT is the way it is for a reason......and I kinda like it

Oh yeah, my Hoyt is better than your Hoyt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
Nice!

I prefer the grip of my Hoyt target bows over any Mathews bow, and im sure most pro's that feel like me, would not sacrifice that feel, and would probably shoot better over a year with the more comfortable setup.

There have been many pros on here and in person that have said that they shoot x brand b/c they simply shoot it the best.

And MarkU, I wouldnt say that Hoyt dominates indoors and mathews 3d or whatever...
Look at the past 2 vegas shootoffs.... Who has been right there in the shootoff at the end with the Hoyt winner... A Mathews shooter. The Hoyt shooter was doing better that day and that is all there is to it. If you think Mathews does better outdoors you should look at Fita and Olympic style archery:confused:

Hoyt or Mathews, these guys shooting the tournaments that are really factory sponsored are incredible shots, so who cares!!!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hoyt uses the best components to build their bows. I dont think that mathews can deny that

What's that comment mean? Mathews doesn't? Give me a break. Another new Hoyt fanboy.
that comment means that everybody knows the quality of hoyt bows. even mathews.... which also means that they know that hoyt uses top quality parts for their bows. which also means they have far fewer problems with their bows.which also means that they have never been associated with limb problems like mathews. give me a break man

·
Remember.. Archery is fun
3,323 Posts
I had a professor once tell me, "The best media is that which stirs emotions in others".

I'd say Mathews and Hoyt a doing a good job advertising.

:wink:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts