Archery Talk Forum banner

hoyt vtec

721 Views 9 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  vtec21
I have an 05 hoyt vtec. I'm having trouble with getting the a2a at 35.5. I don't like having my cables twisted to no end. I have 25 twists in them and still about .75 long but my brace height is dead-on at 6.75. I was wondering if the hoyt tune chart is off for the #7 cams? Otherwise I'm afraid of busting a cable.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Talked to hoyt today and all they wanted to say was that my $125 dollars in winner choice strings & cables are junk and need to buy fuse, very dissapointed think i'm going to buy a different brand i know pearson has great customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
395 Posts
It does sound to me that your new strings and cables are not the proper length, causing the issue. Sorry! What poundage are you getting at the .75" too long ATA and what actual draw length are you getting? Are they OK? These should give you a good idea of where the problem lies.

· Registered
128 Posts
Yeah, if you put so many twists in your "NEW" strings and cables that they look funny, it is not your bow. Chances are it is your strings a cables. Everyone makes mistakes, Don't bash the bow company for problems your having with aftermarket strings and cables.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.