Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 2003 80# Supertec to my local Hoyt dealer to find out what was happening with my bow. There was a strand of glass that was peeling off of the front edge of the top left limb. This strand was approximately 7" long. When I discovered it, I put a piece of masking tape on it to prevent it from pulling off. My Hoyt dealer (whom I purchased the bow from, brand new at $750.00) called Hoyt and they told him that they had found "delaminating" in their older model bows, but the problem was fixed with the newer models. Consequently, they said that this problem was not covered under their warranty and that I would have to either shoot the bow the way it is or purchase new limbs at $200.00. My dealer said that he did not think it would affect the bow, but for my own piece of mind, I did not want to be at full draw with an 80# bow, with a strand detaching itself from the edge of the limb, not knowing if there would be a limb failure. Long story short, I ended up spending $200.00 to replace the limbs, but thought it very odd that Hoyt would not stand up behind their bows. I treat my bows carefully and do not abuse them in the woods.

Any Hoyt shooters here who came across this problem? I've had Mathews bows whose limbs were defective(MQ1, MQ32 & SQ2) and they were replaced immediately by Mathews.

·
Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,268 Posts
I think your "dealer" just stole 200 bucks from you. Hoyt warranty's their limbs 100% with no questions asked. I would call Hoyt directly if I were you and let them know what's going on.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I agree, something is not right here. I would give Hoyt a call.

Darrel

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Geez, Brian I hope you did'nt get the shaft on that deal. Maybe this would justify another Hoyt dealer here. Would be nice to go to a shop that has inventory and store hours huh?
Sent an e-mail to Hoyt directly in regards to this matter so that they can tell you first hand what their policy/warrantee is.
Best of luck.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hoyt Warranty

Thank's for the replies guys,

Something didn't seem right to me, but I thought I'd share it with the AT community to get your input. I will contact Hoyt to determine if what I was told is the real story. I'll keep you updated with Hoyt's reply.

·
Electified Archer
3,275 Posts
I just replaced a custumers limbs from a 2002 Ultra tek which had a delam problem very similar to what you are discribing.The new limbs were replaced with brand new 2005 limbs (no USA by Hoyt name) and was covered under warranty and there was no charge to the custumer. Shoot, I even cleaned and lubed the bow: figured why not as long as I have it appart.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
BowKil said:
I think your "dealer" just stole 200 bucks from you. Hoyt warranty's their limbs 100% with no questions asked. I would call Hoyt directly if I were you and let them know what's going on.

Yep, sounds like exactly what happened. I think even their 03 catalogs referenced the "Lifetime" warranty. I remember that was one of the big deals about the new 03 line. Furthermore, on a note of personal experience, the same identical thing happened on my 03 ProTec. The limbs were replace free of charge and no issues at all. I also have first hand knowledge of 3 other identical occurances.

Although, I wouldn't say anything to Hoyt about the dealer or use his name simply because they can't get involved with resolving your situation. That is strickly between you and the dealer. After confirming the warranty with Hoyt, I'd be back down to the dealers shop and having a few words with him.....like "alright Mr. is it pay me now and I mite not press charges or pay me later and remember to not pick up the soap".

Any crap from him at ALL and I would inform him that the next people he will be hearing from is the Consumer Fraud Division of the Distric Attorney's Office. They live for scum like him. Good luck and keep us informed.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
The '03 bows are covered under the LifeTime Warranty for the original owner... It is the dealers responsibility to assure that Hoyt is held to this... The relationship between Hoyt and the Dealer is often times the reason for a breach in the warranty.... When you suspect that something is not kosher in the deal... STOP and call Hoyt Customer Service directly... Hoyt will ask that the bow be sent to them for service... If the dealer is not prone to offer the service, this is often time the best route for the consumer...

Hoyt will live up to its Warranty....

·
Registered
311 Posts
They are all right!

A buddy of mine has a Hoyt Havoc-Tec (GREAT BOW) and the limb cracked the night before hunting season. Besides having the best dealer in the world---whom opened his shop at 8:30pm on a Sunday AND fixed it for no charge--he was pleased to find out that his limbs were under 100% warranty. The dealer even jokingly told him...got your new limbs...when they arrived from Hoyt to replace what he had used on my bud's bow. Dang...I hope it all works out for you. I worked with a guy that bought a PSE Nova Extreme on ebay...the limbs were both cracked. He called PSE and they sent him new limbs! NO FUSS...NO MUSS. Hoyt is a great company and I hope they rectify everything for you.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Call the Rep for Hoyt in your area, being a Hoyt dealer, I have never had a problem with warranty. 100% lifetime on the limbs

·
7 Time pHp Camp Champion
7,272 Posts
Hoyt's warranty dept. rocks!

Hoyt stands behind all their stuff as far as warranty work goes. Out of everything they make, they're VERY proud of their limbs. Hoyt will make this right. ;)

·
Registered
46,224 Posts
By all means call Hoyt and absolutley tell them the dealers name. Why wouldn't they want to know that one of the Companies that is out there representing them and their porduct is not doing a fair and just job!

The dealer has full right to charge any labor or shipping cost they might incure...but if Hoyt sends them the limbs for free and then the Shop charges you for the actual limbs thats.....dishonest and well pretty darn crappy! :angry:

·
Registered
16,392 Posts
Id kick that idiot right in the.....well you know. I would definatly demand my money back.Further more never do business with him again. :thumbs_do

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
I know two guys on here who both have 03 cybertec and had the same issue, they now both have 05 limbs on them and them did not pay for them

·
Registered
601 Posts
I know first hand the hoyt will warranty this problem. Myself and 3 other friends all had 03 cybertecs, all 4 bows did exactly what you described, needless to say all four bows had either new 04 or 05 limbs on them when we sold them this year. The only thing we were stuck with was shipping costs of the limbs to the dealer, it was like $15 bucks each, for shipping and installiation / tuning costs.

But the bright side of the matter is we all shoot Mathews now, the local hoyt dealer has successfully ran most of his clients off. Best thing that ever happened to us!

·
Registered
138 Posts
My 2003 Ultra Tec had the same problem and I was leaving on an elk hunting trip in a few days and Hoyt overnighted the new 2004 limbs at no cost to me. Your getting ripped off!!

Hoyt warrenty

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Here's the deal, obviously we live on an island, Hoyt (to my understanding) does not want another dealer here. The dealer does'nt have a store front or and real bussiness hours. Everytime I called, all I get was an answering machine.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hoyt Warranty

Does anyone know what the agreement is between the dealer and bow manufacturer regarding the replacement of defective limbs? Does the cost of the replacement limbs come out of the dealers pocket or does the manufacturer pay for all of the costs. When my limbs on my Mathews SQ2 and MQ1 cracked, my dealer had new replacement limbs on my bows within a week and all I had to do was pay for shipping. Regarding my Hoyt Supertec, I didn't pay for shipping, but I had to pay for the limbs! I have been thinking about getting an Xtec, but he is the only dealer on this island and I don't have a choice. I hope someone here on AT can enlighten me as to how the relationships between dealer and manufacturer work.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt until I hear from Hoyt, but I sure hope he didn't sell out his dignity and honor and reputation for a lousy $200.00.

·
Registered
7,573 Posts
I've had to use Hoyt's warranty service twice. Both times they fixed the problem and did it without question. First time was my fault for continually pressing the bow without relaxing the limbs(80#'s)I got a new riser and limbs. I'm not that dumb anymore but I'm sure the guys at Hoyt could tell how the bow had been damaged. Like others have said, I think you're dealer screwed you.

·
Registered
33,384 Posts
I still don't understand why Hoyt would not repace a 3 year old broken riser. It was ony about 50# My friend clled the plant but they stil wuld ot replace it uner warranty. What ele can he do?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts