Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have briefly researched old threads regarding the new Hoyt grip but did not find a definitive answer regarding whether or not they would work on later model carbon bows like the 2015 carbon spyder
Does anybody know if they would work and do they have to be glued on it if they do
Thanks in advance and happy holidays
Mrbirdog

Registered
You can put the old grips on the new Hoyts so I don't see any problem with putting the xact on a prior model

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
You can put the old grips on the new Hoyts so I don't see any problem with putting the xact on a prior model
You are right I called and talked to 2 different people at Hoyt just today and they confirmed it....... so i ordered one from my dealer. Easy to put on, one piece 2 sided 3m tape holds in on. Anxious to see how it feels on my 2015 Carbon Spyder. I may have a 180 grip for sale soon lol

Registered
Please let us know, it would be hard for something to be better than sideplates, but this might be a great option. I shoot a 14' CA spyder 34

Evan

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Please let us know, it would be hard for something to be better than sideplates, but this might be a great option. I shoot a 14' CA spyder 34

Evan
I think in terms of thickness the new X-Act grip is between 180 grip and sideplates.....just my guess.
Maybe someone who has shot the new 2018 bow can tell us first hand if they like the grip......I'm getting it hopping it will reduce torque......

So the old 180 wood grips were screwed into the riser. So does the new Red WRX riser have a place to screw in the grip from older models?

Registered
Thanks for the info. I might have to order one.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
So the old 180 wood grips were screwed into the riser. So does the new Red WRX riser have a place to screw in the grip from older models?
The new X-Act Grip has a one piece two sided 3M adhesive tape that fits inside the grip and contacts the riser on the new bow and older models like my 2015 carbon Spyder this is what holds it on

Registered
I'm not sure on the older grips fitting the RX1 but do know that the old grips will fit the new aluminum bow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts