Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all, I have a Hoyt UE xt3000 cam&1/2, I need some advice here. I'm planing to give the bow to my wife, so she can enjoy the time while waiting for me & my daughter shooting rather than just chating.

The problems is her drawlength only 26" and I'm not sure if XT3000 will suit her or should I change the limb to xt2000 for her. any advice here would be great!:secret:

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I would think at her draw length XT 2000s would work better.

Rick

·
Archery Blogger/Writer
9,332 Posts
Hit the Hoyt Tune Charts. I'm doing this from a Blackberry, but your wife will fit both limb sizes. XT2000 goes from 24-32 over 5 cam ranges, and XT3000 will go from 25.5 to 34" over 5 cam ranges.

Call Hoyt to get the limb deflection numbers too.

-Steve
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
12,042 Posts
As long as you can get the draw length correct for her (check the Hoyt tune charts), I don't see any advantage in going to the expense of also changing the limbs. It sounds like she will be target shooting so unless speed is an issue xt3000s would work fine. Why spend the money if you don't need too?

·
edthearcher
6,457 Posts
To all, I have a Hoyt UE xt3000 cam&1/2, I need some advice here. I'm planing to give the bow to my wife, so she can enjoy the time while waiting for me & my daughter shooting rather than just chating.

The problems is her drawlength only 26" and I'm not sure if XT3000 will suit her or should I change the limb to xt2000 for her. any advice here would be great!:secret:
you would have to change limbs and cams and get the right deflection limbs to lower it to her draw weight, i really like my 3000 limbs

·
Registered
417 Posts
I think the XT2000 would work for a 26inch draw length.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, but do I need to get xt2000 limb with the same diflection, I would like her to enjoy the shooting with her suitable weight and length as well, hope you guys understand if she cannot shoot with the bow then she might give-up easily.

Not sure what is the diflection on my existing UE xt3000 75 years edition. since I bought the bow I've never check that subject. Hope can get more detail on this.

I would like to change the limb to xt2000 with 24~32DL 40~50#DW if I could (as Beastmaster info) Please help?? Which xt2000 dif & cam should I used?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ttt

·
Archery Blogger/Writer
9,332 Posts
Okay. Pardon the mini lecture, but this will be long.

Hoyt has this oddball formula (which they won't reveal) regarding cams and limb deflection.

I pulled the 2009 tune chart for the UE. For the C.5+ cams, the UE with XT2000 limbs has 7 cam families (I said 5, that was my oops).

Each cam family has it's own string, cable, and limb deflection setup for a specific draw weight and draw length range.

Spirals make that formula even more complicated. But I won't go there.

So, to make this bow set up properly for your wife, you need to:

1) Pull down the tune chart.
2) Find the cam number that matches your wife's DL
3) Order or build strings and cables based on that cam number in the tune chart
4) Call Hoyt and find out what limb deflection number to get
5) Order cams and limbs. That will be roughly 300 bucks street price from most dealers.

The obvious (like installing everything and setting it up) is not listed.

You really need to call Hoyt for the deflection number you need for the limbs. There is no other way. The tune charts will tell you cam number, strings, and cables.

-Steve
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks man. it's more difficult then I think.

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
Thanks man. it's more difficult then I think.
Not really. Just look on the tune charts and find the right cam for her DL and then call HOYT and tell them what size cam you're gonna be using and your desired draw weight and they'll tell you what limb deflection you need to achieve that weight.

And like stated above, the tune charts also give you the string/cable length you will need for each cam.

HOYT would probably just tell you all this as well but I'd still look at the charts to double check for yourself.

Nothing to it. You can have it all ironed out in five minutes.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well will they entertains individuals call? Cause they are little bit fussy as what I hear. although I have been using Hoyt bow since 98. Usually I have to go thru My local dealer as what I understand, and I'm from Asia it's about 12 hours time zone different. Local shop will mark up the price up to the roof as well.

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
Well will they entertains individuals call? Cause they are little bit fussy as what I hear. although I have been using Hoyt bow since 98. Usually I have to go thru My local dealer as what I understand, and I'm from Asia it's about 12 hours time zone different. Local shop will mark up the price up to the roof as well.

Yes. They have a customer service number you can call even if you're not a dealer. I've called them for the exact same reasons a couple different times and they told me exactly what I wanted to know. Keep in minid, once you call them and figure out what you need you'll probably have to place the order through your dealer.

As far as the different time zones.. I'm not sure about that. You may have to set your alarm for 3:00 am to get up and call them... :mg:

It's 11:36 pm right now at HOYT headquarters.:star:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Will do that. By the chart look like I have to order Base cam 1 on the C2 cam spec. Thanks again, BTW it's noon here.

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
Will do that. By the chart look like I have to order Base cam 1 on the C2 cam spec. Thanks again, BTW it's noon here.

So if you call around midnight you'll catch'em just before lunch. :slice:

Be sure you're looking at the right cams... each page has both cam & 1/2 and C2/spirals..

I think they list the cam & 1/2 on top, then the C2/spirals down below...

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes U are right, but the cam&1/2 didn't go below 25. so I might get the C2 cam. thanks for all the help and advise.

·
Registered
12,042 Posts
You haven't posted what the draw weight or draw length is on the bow now. You can get the cam size and string/cable lengths off the tune charts, for limb deflection numbers you will have to call Hoyt. They can tell you what's on the bow now by the specs or serial number, assuming it is stock. Limb deflection numbers are on the base of the limbs, hidden by the limb pockets. If you take the bow down before you call Hoyt they can tell you exactly what you can get with the limbs that are on the bow now.

The changes you make might work in your favor as far as draw weight. If you go from Cam&1/2 to C2s I think you will usually loose draw weight. In general as you go shorter in draw length with C2s, especially if you get into a lower string/cable group, you usually loose draw weight. If you can find the correct C2 cams, which are discontinued, get the correct string and cable set, you might find that the draw weight will fall into the range you want. Cams run around $100.00, limbs are in the $225.00 range. If you are lucky you can find what you need in the classifieds for about half what a shop will charge you.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for reminding. The bow is set up at 52# with the cam&1/2 XT3000 limb.

I would wan't the draw weight as well with shorter drawlength coz my wife never shoot a bow before.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts