Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have access to a chronograph. If you do and shoot a Hoyt Xtec what kind of arrow speed are you seeing. I shoot at 26.5-27 inch draw lenght and 57-60 pounds pull, arrows are Gold Tip XT w/ 100 grain points.

The reason I ask is: I'm considering buying a 5 pin Spot Hogg Hunter and they recommend their 2 3/8 inch sight ring for bows shooting under 260 fps, and the 2 inch ring for bows shooting faster.

I either flip a coin on their recommendation, go find a crony, or get some idea from the members of this forum, if possible.

·
Registered
317 Posts
XTec

Hi Mike

I shoot a '05 UltraTec which, if Im correct, is exactly the same as your XTec. Also shot GT XT with 100gr tip (totaling 380gr arrow) at 27.5" draw, 65# @262fps. Your drawlength is shorter and your poundages are lower but your arrows are probably shorter and lighter. Hope it helps. Just a question, are you going to use al 5 pins? I've find that a smaller housing (=/<2") is better for me. If you are only going to shoot at 20, 30 and 40yrds you only need 3 pins... Just a thought. Hope it helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts