Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Xtec. Last night I put a new set of strings/cables on it and have a couple of questions. The bottom cam is now noticably under-rotated, and the cable is outside the reference hole by about 1/8". The top cam looks pretty good with the cable going over one side of the hole.
The a-to-a is 3/16" too long, brace is 1/4" short, tiller on the bottom limb is 1/8" shorter than tiller on top limb. I would like to bring everything back to factory specs and start my tuning from there. Havent put peep, nock loop, string silencers, etc on yet. Which cables do I need to twist/untwist to get the a-to-a, and tiller set? Thanks.

·
Reverend
6,940 Posts
Go to the Hoyt web-site to get the specs on your particular bow. The strings and cables need to be the size the chart says. This will bring everything back to spec. This is your starting point. Adjust tiller by tightening down on both limbs to the bottom (this is even tiller)... then back out evenly to your desired DW.

Then follow this thread:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=207391&highlight=Timing+cam+1/2

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The new set of strings/cables I put on where made to the specs for my bow by a very reputable string maker. The tiller was measured with both limbs bottomed out. The problem is that the bottom cam is rotated in more than the top cam. I know it is only a small matter of putting a couple of twist in one of the cables to bring the bottom cam out some, which will also correct the tiller problem. I was just wondering which cable to twist.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts