Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to try these limbs out? I'm going to be in the market for limbs, and currently, I'm looking between Hoyt Excel and Hoyt ZR330 for new limbs.

For new limbs, the price difference is 30 dollars with the ZR330 costing more. My draw weight is 30# or under at the moment, and the riser I will be most likely using is the Hoyt Eclipse. I do not know my draw length currently, but just assume I fall between 26" and 29".

Any opinions?
~Skel

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
I recently bought the 550s (carbon/wood) and like the wood core over my foam core limbs. They are a little stiffer feeling on draw but have a more stable feel after the shot. The limb tips don't flail around like the lighter limbs. As for the 330s, I suspect they are worth the extra $30 bucks over the Excel entry level limbs. I suspect they are not that much different from the 550s.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I shoot 40# zr 330s on an eclipse and think they work great. I have used a friends bow that has the G3s on it and not much difference. spend the extra $30 you'll be happy. I'm looking for 30# limbs now for my wife. :)

·
Registered
21,372 Posts
Skel -

Long time no type. A few of my students are using the 330s and the Excels. Both are good limbs, but you'll get as good or better with limbs like the Samick Privilege or even the Flute Axioms for about 1/2 the price. Basically, unless you can get a great deal, the Hoyt limbs aren't offering anything you can't get elsewhere for less. And yes, the Korean limbs work really well on Hoyt risers.

Viper1 out.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I shot them for a while on my colleges Eclipse riser when I first started into recurves. They were nice limbs, but the wood limbs can be affected by rain, so I would recommend something totally composite. I have 900CX's on my GMX, they are not made anymore, but are nice limbs, I believe they were replaced by the 990TX's

·
Registered
144 Posts
Skel -

Long time no type. A few of my students are using the 330s and the Excels. Both are good limbs, but you'll get as good or better with limbs like the Samick Privilege or even the Flute Axioms for about 1/2 the price. Basically, unless you can get a great deal, the Hoyt limbs aren't offering anything you can't get elsewhere for less. And yes, the Korean limbs work really well on Hoyt risers.

Viper1 out.
I have been looking at the same limbs as the OP mentioned for my first bow. In fact, the pro-shop wanted to sell me some but I thought they were a bit pricey for me to start. I am a righty but I will be learning to shoot left hand due to a left eye dominance. I want to start at a very low poundage to develop strength and form, maybe 22#. I have a 29" draw so from what I understand I will be pulling slightly more. I don't expect to have the limbs that long so I was looking for more affordable alternatives which you have listed. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts