Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new Pro-Tec 3000 limbs and command+ cams last year. When new, (never been shot) the ATA was 41&1/8" at the max 30" draw @ 72#'s and timing marks riding the line closest to the riser. I got a new string set up and it is EXACTLY to Hoyt's specs for this bow. However I have lost speed, draw length and poundage!:( I have twisted the cables back to the factory setting and my marks are the same, however my draw length is now about 1" short and the cams are maxed out. Do I need a longer string? Should I contact Hoyt about it? What should I do? I loved the bow as it was new, but can't shoot consistantly with the too short of draw. Advice would be appreciated, Thanks.:)

·
Lefty Senior Member
2,815 Posts
HP, I have seen the string specs for Hoyts to be a bit off sometimes. Check the length of your new strings against the originals. Get your next set made to the original length. Hoyt specs sometimes change during the year. And are usually published to the mid size cams. Let me know if you need anyhting else.

·
Banned
843 Posts
I have a '01 xt 2000 ultra tech with versa cam with the exact same symtoms.All of them. I had strings/cables made to Hoyt on line spec.It is frustrating the hell out of me.This cam doesnt have any timing marks.AtA is maybe 1/8 to 3/16"lomger. Mine was pullin 72 lbs at max too. Now its pullin exactly 10 lbs less.I messed with it and messed with it and finally got shootable,draw length about 1/2" shorter after lots of tweaks.Roll over cant be where it was. The funny thing is it doesnt feel that much lighter in the draw wieght,but 2 bow scales dont lie.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have put mine on 2 different scales also, same results. 2 different chrono's too, same results. It was just strung "long" from the factory. Now I just wanna know how to make it be as it was new! If this is how it should be (according to the Hoyt specs), then is my draw length really 31"?:confused:

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would an additional 1/2" on the string rotate the cams on the cables enough to gain an inch of DL?:confused: Someone out there must know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts