Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Mathews Vertix, CBE Sight, Trophy Taker Rest, B Stinger Stabilizer, Gold Tip Arrows, Carter Release
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that the majority of the Hoyt competition shooters I have seen have removed the Limb Savers from their Cam 1/2 Hoyts, why is this? Is there a decrease in accuracy for some reason? What are the benefits to removing them?

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Good ?, I have had 1 break on me and they DO make a difference in vibration! I could feel it. Kinda surprized me, I had never shot it without.:cool:

·
Registered
653 Posts
The way it was explained to me is that because they are split limbs, you can never get them synchonized 100%; each limb will have a deflection value +/- 1 or so different than the other. The limbsavers cause the limbs to fight each other throught the shot cycle. Since I took mine off, I have seen a slight improvement in my long groups that may or may not be a result of the "something new" syndrome. This is Ron Yates theory, so argue with him, not me.

·
Registered
539 Posts
FWIW,
I shoot a 03 MT Sport with the GLobal(?) Shark Fin silencers on my limbs and one other dampening accessory on my cable guard a new SIMS cable dampener .My bow is so quiet that this is all I need, had people ask me if I had shoot at a target yet, at a 3D shoot the other weekend. These silencers go on the part of the limb facing the archer and I have had great success with them.Just another product to try since they are @$15 a set, no more expensive than Limb Savers.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Chase,
Two reasons that I have heard :
1 If one breaks, that shot could miss it's mark. At the top level of competition 1 point is all it takes to send you home with out a check.
2 Top competitors are constantly tinkering with their bows. In order to use a bow vice you must remove or move the limb-savers. This is time consuming and tedious. The competition shooter doesn't care about the noise reduction ( which L-S's do provide) so they take them off to save time when pressing the bow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts