Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know or have an opinion on what cam has been Hoyt's best on their Ultratecs (most accurate). I am looking for a used bow(1-2 years old) for indoor this winter and am trying to figure out which cam I should be looking for. I shoot a redline on my Hoyt Striker II now.
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I term of shootability, accuracy and smoothest, I think you can't beat the command cams +!

For indoor, you can go wrong with the accu-wheels either but if you are used to the excel cam, you will need to put wallbanger for a shorter more define wall.

My 0.02¢

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wallbanger?? Sounds like something that gives the cams a more defined wall, but I have never seen one. I was leaning towards the Command Cam plus.

·
Registered
179 Posts
If you are looking 1 to 2 years old, it has to be mastercams all the way!!!

I know they are supposed to be a hard cam for ultimate speed, but in my experience they are far sweeter to shoot than command cams - smoother on the shot, quieter and have a harder wall due to the little pegs that act like built in wallbangers.... All this with extra speed.

Although the cam.5 is good, I still miss my mastercams sometimes...

HTH

James

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
excel cam

in my opinion the excel cam is by far the smoothest cam hoyt made. people say it is slow but at 68lb 29" darw 351 grain arrow i am getting 291 out of my 2002 fade blue ultratec. with the draw stop the wall on the excel cam is as solid as can be. very smooth draw and shot. did i mention it is for sale. lol

·
Registered
564 Posts
Next year's will be "best", I'm sure!
Ain't that the way it always works?!:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts