Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the people who have shot both of these cams, what is your opinion on which is a better cam. Is one faster than the other? or more forgiving? better wall?

A buddy of mine has a sweet 2002 ultratec that I might buy, its never seen the woods, and it has the command cam plus on it. I've shot the Cam and 1/2, and if the command cam is similar in feel, smoothness, quietness and the wall is as solid, I think I will just buy his bow.

Thanks!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've shot the C1/2, CC+ & CC. In terms of "hardness" at the wall, I'd rate them in the following order:

1) C1/2
2) CC
3) CC+

.....but that's just my opinion. In terms of smoothness, IMHO they are all pretty close to each other ...but if I had to split them I'd rate each as follows (but there isn't much in it):

1) CC
2) C1/2 & CC+

In terms of speed:

1) C1/2
2) CC+
3) CC

Regards

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
Paul, I am getting ready for vegas target league now and am doing some serious testing between my new 2003 Protec with cam.5 and my 2002 Protec with CC+.

I shoot one for about an hour and then the other. They are both set up identically.

First off. The CC+ does NOT feel the same as the Cam.5. The Cam.5 has a harder wall and (in my case) a higher let-off at 75%. It also has a narrower grip. The "Feel" of the 2003 bow is much nicer at draw than any bow I have every held. But the 2002 Hoyt is also great.

At this point in my testing I have to say my 2002 Protec with CC+ is a more forgiving bow on weak shots. Both will drive tacks into Xs but the CC+ seems to send the arrow with a little more grace and a sweeter touch than the snap of the can.5. (I hate to admit this). I think that's the price you pay for a hard wall. You don't get something without giving something.

I shot my highest average with the 2002 and have not matched it with my 2003. The 2002 would somehow go on auto pilot when I got tired or made a weak shot. This has never happened with the cam.5.

The FITA World Championship was won by a CC+ (male divsion). That has to tell you something.

Both are awesome cams, but this is my observation so far. I am still testing this week and will update you if anythings changes.

ox

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Just to be awkward (sorry Ox ;)) the World Champs was won with the original Command Cams, not CC+ or C.5.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was my feeling, that the CC+ has a little softer wall.
Keep me posted on what your final conclusion is and what you will shoot this year!
Thanks Ox.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts