1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
:set1_fishing:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nothing better to do or are you just bored?..

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I don't know of a bow company that has not had any limb problem!!!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
They seem to have a BIG problem with splintered limbs don't yall think.What the hell is there problem?
I think Hoyt make the best looking bows around and there rep has been pretty good but all the Alphamax limb talk would make me hold out on buying that model. I think theres an issue with the limbs but Hoyt are a top line bow builder so I'm sure they will make it good.

I aint bashing as I like the look of the Alphamax but I would not spend my hard earned on one until I felt confident it would hold up.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am a Hoyt guy but the limb splintering issue has stopped me from purchasing a Alphamax.
Weather its a minor number compared to what has been sold or not it is happening far to often for me to take the chance.
Slightly of topic but does anyone know why Hoyt didn't engineer this bow to take the xt500 limbs.
waz

·
Registered
168 Posts
i think youre out of your mind and need to get your facts straight buddy. I have yet to see a failure on a hoyt limb.
Burns i hate to tell you but look at the post alphamax or alphacrap part 3 he put the pics up the other day. And i had my limb blow out on mine right at the hoyt logo on the limb but that was no big deal got new ones in like 3 days. And i was back to shooting. That is why i am a hoyt guy for life because i called and told the they were like you dryfired it i said no they said ok and i got them. Not trying to be an ***** but i have seen it it with my own 2 eyes.

For the guy that asked why not the xt500 it would make the brace height like 2" lol not that bad but it would be short.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
...all the Alphamax limb talk would make me hold out on buying that model...
Ironically enough, the guy who is concerned with limb stability has a stable of Bowtechs! :eek:

Relax, I'm just having a little fun.. :embara:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Ironically enough, the guy who is concerned with limb stability has a stable of Bowtechs! :eek:

Relax, I'm just having a little fun.. :embara:
I've shot most, the Marquis is a gem at 60lbs, the 82nd is okay but a tough hunting bow to master compared to the Marquis and the Admiral is just a wall hanger I dont like it.

I aint a fanboy of any bow maker, but at the moment I like the Am32 but would hold off buying one, its to close to the 2010 models, and Elite's warranty will have to make them a serious consideration. I like single cams but I dont like centre pivots etc, but the Am32 has got my attention.

If I had not heard so many stories about am32 limbs and strings/cables being chewed up and not tuning I would have one in black tricked out with fuse bits and bobs but its time to sit back and watch how reliable there going to be.

I am just using common sense at the moment :darkbeer:

I might buy another Diamond but never another Binary Bowtech.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I've read it was NOT the Alphamax series, but, rather the Turbohawk or Powerhawk which had limb problems. The limbs/pockets may even be exactly the same for all I know.

All I know is what I read on here. Someone could create a make believe line of bows from a company and I wouldn't know any better.

All bows suck...

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I've read it was NOT the Alphamax series, but, rather the Turbohawk or Powerhawk which had limb problems. The limbs/pockets may even be exactly the same for all I know.

All I know is what I read on here. Someone could create a make believe line of bows from a company and I wouldn't know any better.

All bows suck...

Search for " Alphacrap " and the topic starters threads I am sure its a AM32.

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Let's seperate the two.....of all Alphamax limb splinters, does the 32 out number the 35 ??

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
52 have gone

out of the 3 shops locally , and probably 50 more at a friends......1 set of limbs from a 32 that was a long draw 80 pounder.

That is about 1% around here.
My 35 has been absolutely stable.

·
Registered
507 Posts
My 35 has rock and rolled all summer long. The limbs are fine and I have 28 strand cables on it and it doesn't even eat those.

The "problems" must be with the 32.

This also seems like the only Hoyt in the last few years that is increadibly popular. "Shops" with more questionable set up procedures may be selling a lot more of these than they do other models of Hoyt. The shop I can think of locally has moved a few of these and I don't remember seeing ANY Katera's or Trykon's go through there. That might have something to do with it.

Mason

·
Banned
444 Posts
i think youre out of your mind and need to get your facts straight buddy. I have yet to see a failure on a hoyt limb.
Do you post here with your eyes closed???

·
Another day in paradise!
3,711 Posts
Do you post here with your eyes closed???
This supposed "alphacrap" thread reveals nothing about the "limb issue". Where are the pics of actual AM limb FAILURES??

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sooo tired of this subject, it's been thrashed..

There's one guy who's had some issues and I think it would be safe to say that it more than likely came down to some sort of user / owner error..

Then one other guy who does not offer any type of photographic evidence but more than makes up for it with ALL of those horror AM stories..

I believe that most (98%) of the AM horror stories have been spread and exaggerated by nobs who have no idea what they are talking about..

The pro shop I purchase from (the owner is also a good friend of mine) is the number 1 Hoyt retailer in the country, not one AM has been returned for limb issues..

I asked him wether he has heard anything about the "limb" issues and the answer was NO, apart from the crap thats been circulating the forums..

These issues (if true) are isolated, it's not a Bowtech situation by any means..

·
Hucklebuck’s
13,998 Posts
no problems with my 32 and its a long draw 80lb lol
what I heard was some people had a small splinter come up because the limb got nicked as it was installed in the pocket so it splintered now a splinter would upset me but it is far from a limb failure
I shot the worlds in vegas 2 years ago with my rytera bullet x and it poped a splinter on day one i still practiced and I completed the weekend no problem got new limbs when i got home

1 - 20 of 127 Posts