Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone figured out whats the hold up on hoyt these days? Ive had a 80# rx5 ultra on order for 20 weeks now. My dealer has called every 2 weeks for the last eight weeks and every time they say "2 weeks out"...

·
Registered
51,500 Posts
All bows this year are running long on delivery because of covid. Then on top of that 80# which is usually a long wait in good times. Basically you ordered a custom bow.

·
Registered
456 Posts
The supply chain is a complete disaster right now, and the archery world is no different. Add to that the 80lb limbs like the poster above mentioned and you're looking at a long wait.

·
Registered
354 Posts
This isn't the year to buy a bow unless you can get some stock offerings at the local shop. Every custom order is a disaster, it's not just Hoyt.

It's definitely helped the used bow market, and bows from last year are keeping their values up a little better.

Reactions: JeffB

·
Registered
855 Posts
Anyone figured out whats the hold up on hoyt these days? Ive had a 80# rx5 ultra on order for 20 weeks now. My dealer has called every 2 weeks for the last eight weeks and every time they say "2 weeks out"...
As it was said, the covid sham is directly the blame. I'm having a hard time buying all kind of things.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I'm in the same boat with a V3 I ordered 2/19. Still waiting...
That being said, if I am spending that much on a bow I am just going to be patient and wait it out to get exactly what I want. No sense spending that kind of money to settle on anything but what you want IMO.

I am also still waiting on a custom Spot Hogg sight I ordered 3/14.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All bows this year are running long on delivery because of covid. Then on top of that 80# which is usually a long wait in good times. Basically you ordered a custom bow.
Dale 80# limbs are no more custom than 60# limbs are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Dale 80# limbs are no more custom than 60# limbs are.

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: Really?!? I'd bet for every order of 80# bow, they get 20 for 60# bow. With todays cam efficiency and design efficiency, it's pretty much a thing of the past to see anything over 70#. Granted... there are exceptions. But, for the most part, any shop you ask will tell you that 60# and 70# bows are their bread and butter.

·
Registered
90 Posts
My buddy canceled his 80 pounder on Monday from Hoyt. I had no idea it was wide spread.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
871 Posts
I've been waiting 7 weeks for a set of 80% mods for an rx-4 ultra. Anyone feel free to send me a PM if you have a set you'd be willing to sell.

·
Registered
18 Posts
2022 bows will be released before many people get 2021 bows. Supply chain for raw materials has been a real battle.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I lucked out and my local shop had a black Ventum 33 with 80lb limbs in stock, but the SL Sidebar attachment for the backbar is another story. Hoyt said they maybe get 100 a week to send out and the backorder on those is ridiculous. Anyone have a lead on a shop with one?

Good luck to y'all lookin for bows, hopefully they don't show up a week before your hunt

·
Registered
625 Posts
I'm going on 19 weeks for Bowtech I ordered in custom colors. I suspect that the bigger the seller the quicker they get their bows. This only makes business sense (do you think Coca Cola worries about the feelings of Walmart more than the little corner shop down the street?), and the only thing that would keep a maker from doing this is their own integrity.

I ordered my bow from a small shop. I should've just driven to Lancaster.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You guys saying that 80# are “custom” order are wrong. It’s listed on hoyts website 70-80. That’s a standard production bow. I have ordered a “custom” bow from hoyts custom shop. So I know what’s “custom” bow from them.

·
Registered
855 Posts
You guys saying that 80# are “custom” order are wrong. It’s listed on hoyts website 70-80. That’s a standard production bow. I have ordered a “custom” bow from hoyts custom shop. So I know what’s “custom” bow from them.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
509 Posts

Actually, the standard (stock) bow is right-handed and 70lbs. Those are the bows being prioritized. All others are "special order".

Also this delay in manufacturing is not limited to Hoyt, or to the bow industry, it effects all manufacturing. And this is a great article to understand why? World runs out of everything as a manufacturing drill goes too far

·
Registered
484 Posts
Ordered and paid for my 80# ultra buckskin on the preview order with my local shop in December still no bow.💁🏻‍♂️

1 - 20 of 64 Posts