Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
14,654 Posts
My local shop orders 2 80# for every 60# bow.
Must not sell many bows then except for to the big guys since most bow companies don't even offer 80# limbs... Small specialty shop I guess. Always room for a niche market type shop, but they are far from the norm...

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Called yesterday about my 80# ultra wilderness and was told another 3 weeks. Ordered feb 1st so on 18th week. If and 80# evl 34 pops up in the classifieds I may get that and cancel my order.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
It seems like the ventum ship times are somewhat reasonable. Rx5, especially the ultra are way behind. My shop has a black ultra 70# thats been tempting me.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
You guys saying that 80# are “custom” order are wrong. It’s listed on hoyts website 70-80. That’s a standard production bow. I have ordered a “custom” bow from hoyts custom shop. So I know what’s “custom” bow from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I might not know what Im talking about... but my RX5 I got back in Feb shoots sssaaawweeettt! Let me know when you figure it out LMAO!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I think the problem is more complex than people give it credit for being.
Hoyt is located in salt lake county utah. Salt lake county utah is run by a political party that took a hard line stance on covid shut downs.
So, if hoyt gets told by the county that they are a non essential buianess, and they must shut down, the employees who dont make a great wage, go on unemployment.
Now along comes to government and they add additional covid relief funding on top of unemployment.
All of a sudden, these folks are making more money off the government than they ever did working.
As these relief programs get extended and continued, hoyt opens back up for buisness, but thier people dont nessescarily have to go back to work.
Why would they? Its a pay cut for them as long as the covid relief programs are in effect.
So, your buisness is now running on limited manpower.

Add to this the supply chain issues.
Sure, hoyt may be maching risers in house.
But aluminum availability isnt prioritized to hoyt.

Additionally, hoyt cams are machined out of house in a machine shop located in logan utah.
That machine shop may not have aluminum to build cams to send to hoyt.

They may have to prioritize the limited aluminum that they have for aerospace projects that have larger profit margins.

All of this stuff, and many more issues like it limit your ability to send product out the door.

Pre preg carbon cloth is an item that is produced in vast majority overseas.
Hoyts ability to acquire these types of resources is so far out of thier control, and your biggest customers are going to be priority.
Hoyt is not going to be a significant purchaser of anything.
So the odds that they will be priority for anybody trying to maximize profits right now is just ridiculous.

The supply chain tries to do just enough to help you out, but the priority will be where the most profitability is.
Archery is going to hurt for a bit.

Nothing is made in america, with a supply chain that is free from global infulence.
From the paint to the mine that the raw metal ore was pulled from to the plastic that your product is packaged in, everybody has to play on the global market. Rubber trees dont grow well in north america folks.

Try meeting demands when you have a third of your employees back at work, and you cant get every single part you need to assemble a bow, in quantities large enough to appease the masses.

Look at all the people who complained about the packaging the new axcel landslyde sights come in!
Its insane.
They are likely using anything they can find that will work.
Sending the sights out unassembled, just piled up into a square plastic package.
People called them out for it!
Ignorance is a large problem at the consumer level.

Really? Would you rather axcel sat on the sights and didnt ship them, while they waited fir the custom packaging to arrive from the vendor?
Or will you look past the packaging and realize that at least axcel is getting product built and trying to ship it?

Its crazy the things we demand, the crucify a company for during these times.

You simply cant please people.

·
Super user
1,620 Posts
Not exactly sure. I will call them tomorrow. Mine has been on order since February, and they still are saying I will not have it before hunting season.

I am going to give it to the end of the month, then I am cancelling it.

·
Super user
1,620 Posts
I lucked out and my local shop had a black Ventum 33 with 80lb limbs in stock, but the SL Sidebar attachment for the backbar is another story. Hoyt said they maybe get 100 a week to send out and the backorder on those is ridiculous. Anyone have a lead on a shop with one?

Good luck to y'all lookin for bows, hopefully they don't show up a week before your hunt
We have two in, but only sell in-store, no shipping available.

·
Super user
1,620 Posts
I lucked out and my local shop had a black Ventum 33 with 80lb limbs in stock, but the SL Sidebar attachment for the backbar is another story. Hoyt said they maybe get 100 a week to send out and the backorder on those is ridiculous. Anyone have a lead on a shop with one?

Good luck to y'all lookin for bows, hopefully they don't show up a week before your hunt
We have two in, but only sell in-store, no shipping available.

·
Registered
287 Posts
If you don't buy what is in stock with all the major brands, you are looking for a 14 to 22 week wait time. It is what it is at this point

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
and 80lb limbs are a special order hahahahaha
Do me a favor and call Hoyt tomorrow and ask them if 80# limbs are special order. I’ve ordered a custom shop bow with turbo cams 75# limbs with a $150 up charge and THAT was a special custom order. Saying 80# limbs are “special” is like saying that getting black limbs on a green riser is special because they don’t make them every day

·
Registered
227 Posts
Shortages on aluminum, copper, steel and on lots of resins, Several major suppliers are beginning to allocate "ration" raw materials. From what i'm hearing the pain has not even started....

21 - 40 of 64 Posts