Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Did I say nationwide?? Didn’t think so
Of course you didn’t but let’s not pretend your initial one line reply regarding the situation didn’t have the intent on you implying 80# was more normal than a 60# model. Half your replies in this post have been made to make an argument about it. Congrats! You shoot 80#! Unfortunately AT isn’t a vanity mirror for you to admire yourself in, they do sell those on Amazon though.

On topic, A couple dealers I’ve spoke with that carry both say their Mathews orders are further behind than Hoyts. So much so that one has told customer for Mathews that it’s not likely I they’ll get their order before ‘22s are announced if Mathews sticks to their typica window.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Do me a favor and call Hoyt tomorrow and ask them if 80# limbs are special order. I’ve ordered a custom shop bow with turbo cams 75# limbs with a $150 up charge and THAT was a special custom order. Saying 80# limbs are “special” is like saying that getting black limbs on a green riser is special because they don’t make them every day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We know who’s “special”... its okay little buddy.

·
Registered
17,609 Posts
I personally bought 5 2021 bows and have received them all in under 20 weeks my Matthew's was 18 weeks, prime was 12, xpedition was 13, and walked out the door with my 2 elites the day I shot them.

I was going to order a, wildness ultra rx5 sure glad I didn't. But with that said there has been 3 ultras go thru my dealer near me 2 months ago and the other dealer near my property has had 2 or 3 can't remember now over 2 months, ago also.

·
Registered
Hoyt Hyper Force Hoyt CRX 32. Trophy ridge Easton FMJs
861 Posts
I think what he meant about specialty orders is it not a a special order for 80 pounds but its not as high on the production list as would be a 70# bow
It’s all about manufacturing what the market wants and that being said there’s not going to be a good supply of the 80# bows because they don’t sell like 60 or 70# bows

·
Registered
484 Posts
Of course you didn’t but let’s not pretend your initial one line reply regarding the situation didn’t have the intent on you implying 80# was more normal than a 60# model. Half your replies in this post have been made to make an argument about it. Congrats! You shoot 80#! Unfortunately AT isn’t a vanity mirror for you to admire yourself in, they do sell those on Amazon though.

On topic, A couple dealers I’ve spoke with that carry both say their Mathews orders are further behind than Hoyts. So much so that one has told customer for Mathews that it’s not likely I they’ll get their order before ‘22s are announced if Mathews sticks to their typica window.
Well the dealers you’ve spoke too are lying because Mathews has a set time I believe it’s 8-10 weeks out and Hoyt is 10-12 however mathews bows come in on time where Hoyt does not it’s always “two weeks out”.💁🏻‍♂️ And I was stating what I know from my local shop. Talked to guy at shop today he’s ordered 15 80# between prime and Hoyt and sold every one. He’s ordered 4 60# and they’re still hanging. No mirror needed here buddy I’m 5’10” 180# but I can pull 80# with ease and if I do mess up I know my KE and momentum will make up for my mishap or mistake if it happens.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I’ve listed a one month old Hoyt Ultra / Wilderness RH in the clasifieds if anyone interested

·
Registered
911 Posts
Well the dealers you’ve spoke too are lying because Mathews has a set time I believe it’s 8-10 weeks out and Hoyt is 10-12 however mathews bows come in on time where Hoyt does not it’s always “two weeks out”.💁🏻‍♂️ And I was stating what I know from my local shop. Talked to guy at shop today he’s ordered 15 80# between prime and Hoyt and sold every one. He’s ordered 4 60# and they’re still hanging. No mirror needed here buddy I’m 5’10” 180# but I can pull 80# with ease and if I do mess up I know my KE and momentum will make up for my mishap or mistake if it happens.
Nah, not lying you're just generalizing too much. I guess I should have been more specific but there's plenty of other reports here on AT of people already waiting longer than 12weeks for them. If you want a matching (limbs and riser same color) V3 in a Black, Stone or Ambush then you can get one relatively quickly in 70# and I think either 28 or 28.5", whatever their standard/default DL is. In fact I believe both said they can get those in right at a month. The problem there is he's also about 6-8 weeks out on certain modules, I think it was B through F. You want anything outside that right now it's 3months out with his last order of two being told 14-16 week. I was standing in the shop when that info came through because on the same call he was also inquiring about the TRX 34 I've had on order since the the third week of Feb(V-day present) which still has no build date ETA so....that's what 15weeks? for me.

edit: Actually I think there was one camo pattern that was also available for quick 70#/28.5 but can't remember if it was First Light or Realtree.

Reactions: VeritasHunter

·
Registered
484 Posts
Nah, not lying you're just generalizing too much. I guess I should have been more specific but there's plenty of other reports here on AT of people already waiting longer than 12weeks for them. If you want a matching (limbs and riser same color) V3 in a Black, Stone or Ambush then you can get one relatively quickly in 70# and I think either 28 or 28.5", whatever their standard/default DL is. In fact I believe both said they can get those in right at a month. The problem there is he's also about 6-8 weeks out on certain modules, I think it was B through F. You want anything outside that right now it's 3months out with his last order of two being told 14-16 week. I was standing in the shop when that info came through because on the same call he was also inquiring about the TRX 34 I've had on order since the the third week of Feb(V-day present) which still has no build date ETA so....that's what 15weeks? for me.

edit: Actually I think there was one camo pattern that was also available for quick 70#/28.5 but can't remember if it was First Light or Realtree.
Realtree

·
Registered
535 Posts
I ordered my 40” DCX Invicta March 29th and picked it up yesterday from dealer in N. Virginia.

·
Registered
484 Posts

And sense you know everything it’s just realtree and ambush green that are quicker lead time with certain specs no black or stone in that category but what do I know🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
954 Posts
Well the dealers you’ve spoke too are lying because Mathews has a set time I believe it’s 8-10 weeks out and Hoyt is 10-12 however mathews bows come in on time where Hoyt does not it’s always “two weeks out”. And I was stating what I know from my local shop. Talked to guy at shop today he’s ordered 15 80# between prime and Hoyt and sold every one. He’s ordered 4 60# and they’re still hanging. No mirror needed here buddy I’m 5’10” 180# but I can pull 80# with ease and if I do mess up I know my KE and momentum will make up for my mishap or mistake if it happens.
Was told quite the opposite. My shop is a Hoyt and Mathews dealer. Said Hoyts have been anywhere from 10-12 weeks with Mathews being 12 or longer. I got my Ventum 33 in just over 8 weeks and my buddies V3 is on 11. They’re expecting it in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Was told quite the opposite. My shop is a Hoyt and Mathews dealer. Said Hoyts have been anywhere from 10-12 weeks with Mathews being 12 or longer. I got my Ventum 33 in just over 8 weeks and my buddies V3 is on 11. They’re expecting it in 2 weeks.

I will say ventum is coming in way faster than carbon bows no lie on that one but a carbon bow good luck! Haha!

·
Gold Supporting Archer
10,087 Posts
HMMMM,,,,this year I went back to PSE and the EVL 32. I figured PSE been messing with the binary more than Hoyt, and they have incorporated a yoke to assist with tuning.

I ordered a 80 pounder in all black. The bow was made and shipped in 10 days.

I was told beause it was 80 pounds,being the demand for 80 pounds isn't as great, and being it was black,another color that is highly wanted,made and sold, my bow was done so quick.

My understanding is they have bins for limbs, and colors. They make the limbs and drop them in the bin. 80 pounds was a less sold limb than a 70 or 60 or 65.

So the build out was grab the black 80 pound limbs from the bin, and wait on a riser, being it also was black, it was quickly filled as well.

I was lucky I agree. But both PSE and Hoyt have never been slow for me building out bows. This day and age we have issues with supply chains, and now people not wanting to get back to work, or even hurt,sick or dead from Corona.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I don’t normally buy bows new. So I’m very out of the loop on dealers and bow manufacturers.

Are the manufacturers doing anything to compensate the buyer?? And / or anything to help out the dealers??

I understand it’s not the manufacturers fault. But I’m sure 4+ month wait times are creating unhappy customers and effecting everyone’s pockets.

·
Registered
51,500 Posts
Do me a favor and call Hoyt tomorrow and ask them if 80# limbs are special order. I’ve ordered a custom shop bow with turbo cams 75# limbs with a $150 up charge and THAT was a special custom order. Saying 80# limbs are “special” is like saying that getting black limbs on a green riser is special because they don’t make them every day

Gotta love you guys that don't work in the archery shops and order product. You haven't a clue. Just because a company offers 80# doesn't make it main stream. Order one from our shop it is 50% nonrefundable deposit and the wait is longer than normal in good times.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Gotta love you guys that don't work in the archery shops and order product. You haven't a clue. Just because a company offers 80# doesn't make it main stream. Order one from our shop it is 50% nonrefundable deposit and the wait is longer than normal in good times.
That's funny I've done bought 3 bows this year while waiting on this hoyt. 2 being mathews ambush riser with camo limbs which isn't your run of the mill order. I've owned numerous 80# bows and luckily my dealer is top isnt like your shop. That's why I buy 6-7 bows from him a year and I wouldn't let you order a dozen arrows for me to build. My dealer is a top 100 mathews dealer and when I bought my last V3 which was a different green riser/camo limbs he had 20 sitting in boxes waiting to be bought. Hes got lots of ventums but no carbons.

·
Registered
911 Posts
And sense you know everything it’s just realtree and ambush green that are quicker lead time with certain specs no black or stone in that category but what do I know🤷🏻‍♂️
I was in over the weekend and he’d gotten in three of each solid color last week that had been ordered 1st week of May for just store stock. Lucky on the Black and Stone I guess. Didn’t order any RealTree since they don’t move as fast

·
Registered
53 Posts
Try being in Australia. Not only do we have to deal with raw material delays, we have the american priority to deal with at the manufacturers level (we sell less as a country then some of the smaller states alone) but then international shipping as well. We went 3 months without a hoyt shipment when we usually have one every 6 weeks or so and it was half the number of bows we typically get in a shipment. lets not even get into prime or mathews our other 2 major brands. Bear is about the only brand bow we have in any serious stock levels and shipment levels.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts