Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my bow on the last week of August but they told me I can only get the bow on December. Are there anyone out there who ordered a "FADE RED" Ultratec XT3000 Cam & 1/2 on August and will get it before December? Heard from my dealer that the batch that is currently on anodizing are the Flame color and Fade Red will have to wait till end of November. Is this true? Really can't wait to shoot that baby...

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
Just got off the phone with Hoyt and they told me my bow will be build this week and ship out in Monday. Flame UltraTec LXPro limbs. I ordered it just after NAA Nationals, begining of Aug. and they said it would 3-4 weeks. Still waiting, but I hope it will be worth the wait. I have to get ready for IA :D.

LeEarl

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey that means it's correct. I was actually on queue for the Flame color due to impatience. Hoyt actually starts assembling my Flame color bow on the 15th of September but as I thought more about it, I would rather wait and get the color I love most so I called and told them I wanna switch to Fade Red, which they told me that the Fade Red bows will only be done at the end of November and I will receive it on December. Wondering why Hoyt, such a big plant, don't have different colors on anodizing at the same time rather than going in batches of the same color...

·
Registered
899 Posts
LeEarl,
I see that LXPro Limbs are not shown to be an option on the 2003 UltraTec on Hoyt's website. Are they available on an UltraTec via a Custom Bow Order?

Jeff

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah how much extra you paid for it? Also I guess you must be a Hoyt dealer to direct order from Hoyt. Also what is the ATA of Ultratec LXpro?

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
Custom shop bow. A-A is right around 46". Yeah, it is spendy but who cares about the cost if it shoots great and you really want it. I just have to try a DCPro just to see how it shoots. If I do not like it, I will be back to Martin really quick :D. We will have to see.

LeEarl

·
Occam's Razor
8,316 Posts
Dave says he shoots that bow because it fits him, and not for any other reason such as ATA or brace height.............ck

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried LXpro on Defiant before. The ATA is 44". Since I have a short draw of 28, I find that such long ATA makes the wall bouncy. What is your drawlength?

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
29" I like the long A-A bacause of how I anchor. It keeps my string pinch down ans I can get my nose on the string very constistant. If it seems to much, I will just get XT3000 limbs or just buy a new Martin. We will have to see. When it comes to me shooting a bow, I want to try everything just to see how it fits. If that mean to spend a little more money in the proccess, so be it. Then I know for sure :)

LeEarl

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also like long ATA but I like something above 40 but less than 43. So the XT3000 is the best. I can have a solid anchor and I like my anchor on the middle of my mouth, not the corner. I like the string to touch my nose. Seems like you too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts