Archery Talk Forum banner

Hoyts to be sold at Cbelas

7047 Views 97 Replies 81 Participants Last post by  Tom2008
I was in Cabelas today to buy some fletching and the guys working there told me they will carry Hoyt's next week I asked if they were getting the Hawk line the said yes and the AM's, Katera's and could order anything in there line up. This suprised me as I thought Hoyt was proshop only or did I miss something. Either way just thought I'ld share.
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

· Registered
714 Posts
they use to sell them at gander years ago,,i remember,but there lower items.
this is no suprise to me,and makes since realy,,,there is a big market at there huge retail stores,,,if i were a bow company id do it too...why not?
there the same quality,,they just make more sales there then little pro shops.

· Registered
4,928 Posts
this is no suprise to me,and makes since realy,,,there is a big market at there huge retail stores,,,if i were a bow company id do it too...why not?
I suppose you are right,but this is the beginning of the end for smaller pro shops that rely on protected lines.

· Registered
1,149 Posts
That will be cool, however. Most people go to box stores to get the cheeper bows, at least I believe. Most of the bows that come out of the boxed stores are not set up as good as they would be at a pro shop. Plus, why? Most people from little towns use their local pro shops for their bows, why stiff the little guy??? Oh yeah, why not.

· Registered
1,586 Posts
it will destroy the service aspect of a bow company. the box stores CANNOT compete with small shops who know what they are doing and how to properly setup, tune, and maintain a bow and most importantly how to take care of the customer! just my .02:tongue:

· Registered
3,756 Posts
The number of people I meet with bows from Cabelas that do not fit them is astounding. Should the small pro shops go it will be a big blow to archery.

· P#NW045
12,859 Posts
Scheels carries hoyt, and some even carry mathews. I still buy bows from the local shops because the price is pretty comparable. The shops will set the bow up for free, so that is worth the 20 I save at scheels.

· Registered
633 Posts
They will lose respect from you hardcore archers but willing to bet they sale alot more bows beacuse of this.

· Registered
12,283 Posts
Companies like Hoyt don't make decisions like this as a result of some guys standing around the water cooler shootin the breeze. They must have done some research and decided this is the way to go for them. Too bad for the little pro shop guys (or the big pro shop guys for that matter). Maybe they plan on just putting the hunting lineup in the box stores and keeping the target lineup and higher priced hunting bows in the pro shops.
You gotta wonder if Hoyt is doing this can the others be far behind? The name of the game is m-o-n-e-y so you can follow the money.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.