Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the HSS Lifeline. I had a couple of questions about the line and called HSS at 877 296 3528. I asked what type of rope/line they used and what the tensile strength was. They could not or would not answer the question, but would only reply that it was TMA certified.

I was concerned because the rope is tagged that it only has a two year life, and must be discarded if used in a fall restraint event. I was also concerned because the rope looks alot like basic utility rope I have in the garage.

Anyone familiar with the specifications of the life line??

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Might as well fall out of the tree if they are going to use cheap products in their vests... bound to happen anyways.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
You talked to a person on the phone that has no idea WHAT TMA certified means just that it is. Do a search on guidlines to TMA certification. It doesn't mean their line is cheap.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
You talked to a person on the phone that has no idea WHAT TMA certified means just that it is. Do a search on guidlines to TMA certification. It doesn't mean their line is cheap.
Then they should educate their staff or he should have been transferred to someone who could answer his question. In todays world if people cant answer my questions or are rude, ill shop somewhere else. People are always looking for business.:darkbeer:
Simple as that.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I'm sure it's a decent product..but definitely not the best. Remember, they are in the business to make money. I called them last year and they were helpful to a point but they were also very polite. They just didn't have people with technical knowledge about materials.

I can tell you that they don't use the best rope, caribiner or knots on their lines. Their stuff will work and will save you...but it's not the best. For less money than their product I made all my own stuff with high quality rope, the correct knots and a very good caribiner. It didn't save me a lot of money but it will also last for many many years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts