Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in between sizes on this vest. I haven't tried one on but weigh right at 175 lb. Should I order s/md or l/xl? I don't want it to be too baggy but loose enough to wear over a coat this winter. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
If you're right in between I'd go bigger. Most manufacturers size their stuff for warm weather (especially HSS being big into turkey vests).

You need to be able to breathe when you put it on. :D

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Small/Medium. I have the same vest and am 178, fits perfectly. I trid the large first and it was WAY too Big!!!

·
Banned
3,216 Posts
go bigger, you will likely get fatter :slice::darkbeer::mg:as you get older,great vest. Ive had 1 for about 3 years now.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I am 6'2" and 220 and the L/XL fits a little loose in "street clothes", but should be perfect in hunting gear.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'm 6' and weight 245. I originally got the 2X / 3X and the leg straps hit my mid thigh. I now have a L / XL and it is pretty good. I wear it under my outer coat since most of the time I put my outer coat on once I get into a tree. If I did put it on over my coat, I am very confident it will still be okay since I have it adjusted in pretty good.

IMO, I think you probably should go smaller and you will be better off.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I was in the same spot you are in. I weighed 175 and the S/M fit me pretty good but I have gained 20 lbs since last season:cry: and today I went and bought a new one in the L/XL, last year the L/XL was a little big on me but this year it fits great, also the new style for this year seems to fit me better than last years style because right before I bought the new one I tried my buddys on and can see the difference, the new one doesn't seem as baggy but I now have all kinds of room for adjustment, I can make it as tight or loose as I want. I would recommend you try the L/XL if you are buying the new style, it is better to buy bigger and tighten it down than to buy the smaller and max adjustments out and still not be quite big enough!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
If you decide to go with the S/M I have a Pro-Series that I will sell you to save you some money on a brand new one, it's in great shape (like new) and only used 1 season, I just got fatter and bought a new one, lol!

·
Registered
113 Posts
L/xl

I am 155 lbs and just got the L/XL. It fits me good in street clothes with a little adjustment left. I wanted the bigger one to fit over heavy clothes. i am happy with the size I got.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts