Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all!

I am on the lookout for Mod C in 75%

Seems hard to find the 75% mods. Is it even worth it to look for that over the 85%? Anyone have info on differences in speeds?

Thanks in advance!

Registered
I swithched to 75% on my HTR for hunting Colorado, as son as I got home it was back to 85%. Shorter valley, more holding weight, really don't care about speed to much
shooting heavier arrow, accuracy is what I care about.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I swithched to 75% on my HTR for hunting Colorado, as son as I got home it was back to 85%. Shorter valley, more holding weight, really don't care about speed to much
Great input! Thanks for the information.

Did you get your elk?!

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I would be curious to hear more of your opinions on the valley? Was it jumpy with the 75%? My HTR with 85% was a total locked in feel and never felt like it ever wanted to lurch. My Z7 on the other hand is VERY jumpy. That string is ready to go at the slightest movement...

Registered
Changed mine from 85 to 75 also. Definitely less valley. Definitely wanted to take off when you backed off. I've heard that's more accurate though. Didn't take long to get used to. Don't even notice anymore.

Registered
75% was a little jumpy but then again I also shoot a Helim which can be jumpy. I could get use to shooting 75% but home shooting whitetails I really don't need it.
No Elk DIY but learned a lot for next time.

Registered
I just put 75% on my HTR. Why, I only shoot 50# now and felt the holding weight at 85% letoff, only 6 lbs, was just too light and affected my ability to hold the bow steady, felt like I needed a little more leverage. Result, I tend to relax (a little too much if I鈥檓 being honest) at full draw and can creep. I find that yes the valley is somewhat shorter, and if I don鈥檛 engage my back muscles properly and keep them engaged (but relaxed), it will remind me of that form error, but I have found it Easy to get used to and rarely feel it want to take off on me. The 75% may not be the best option for long hold hunting situations, but for target shooting imo they are a better option than the 85%. Just my .02.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts