Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I knew not to just cut the strings. I have watched several string changes and wasn't sure if anyone had done an HTR with the old screw driver in the cam method or not

·
Registered
15,394 Posts
Do not do it that way.
You need a press
Don't forget to take the draw stops off first

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I have access to a press and my new strings in hand. Looks like you loop the cable through itself around the "cam" and then down through the cable slide and hook it on the other end. Is that correct. Just want to Mae sure before I do it

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
So I have access to a press and my new strings in hand. Looks like you loop the cable through itself around the "cam" and then down through the cable slide and hook it on the other end. Is that correct. Just want to Mae sure before I do it
Yes, but you better have a way to check/adjust timing.

Most of the time, you need to remove the piece on the back of rollerguard if the cables have served endloops. It really helps to maintain the integrity of the endloops.

Also, make sure to get the cable routing correct. It will probably help to just remove one at a time. I would honestly recommend taking it to someone who knows what they're doing. There's less chance of having issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you. I will be doing this with a buddy who knows how to adjust timing and things of that nature on other bows. Just wanted to get the answers before we go and put on the strings.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts