Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My setup bow is a HTX with 28" 70# draw. My current arrow is a gold tip hunter pro 340 spine cut size 28" from throat of nock to tip of insert and overall weight with tip is 401 grains. My question is are these arrows ok? And if they are ok should I get 300 spine arrows in the future? Also would there be any benefit from 300 spine over 340? I have been looking for the answers but figure you guys would know best.

·
Registered
282 Posts
My setup bow is a HTX with 28" 70# draw. My current arrow is a gold tip hunter pro 340 spine cut size 28" from throat of nock to tip of insert and overall weight with tip is 401 grains. My question is are these arrows ok? And if they are ok should I get 300 spine arrows in the future? Also would there be any benefit from 300 spine over 340? I have been looking for the answers but figure you guys would know best.
You're fine, I am running the same bow with 340 FMJ's and I am also a 28". No need to go to 300. I started a post the other day as I was looking to underspine and lighten up my arrows to get some speed back as the no cam is missing a bit of ass I am used to with my Nitrum turbo.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I am actually experimenting we a few different arrows, carbons etc. Even some 400 FMJ trying to lighten up a bit and get some more speed. I will post some opinions soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts