Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about this deer? The email I received said that it was killed in Natchez, Ms. Just looking for some verification.

Attachments

· Registered
1,074 Posts
big!!

thats a big deer. I think that I would have pulled that arrow out before taking a bunch of pics though.

· Pond Creek Assassin
1,408 Posts
The truck in the last pic has a MS lic plate on it that looks to be from Adams County.

· Registered
6,212 Posts
If you've got the pics in an email, I have a few questions for you guys on this one.

1)The vanes have blood on them indicating a pass through shot. The arrow in the picture is stuck in the deer(or so portrayed), how can that be?

2)The deer's tongue has blood on it indicating possibly a lung shot. Unless this guy is shooting a 40" arrow, I don't think that arrow caught lungs.

3)The arrow looks to be going into the deer going upwards. Think the deer was above the shooter in a tree stand and he had to shoot "up" at it? I know it happens, but.

I don't know....I'm just sayin. :wink:

· Registered
609 Posts
The deer is legit and look at the angle the arrow is at. He did catch the lungs I would be positive of it. As for the arrow pointing upwards the deer obviously ran and could account for the weird angle. He was green scored yesterday at 194 gross non typical, net non typical 188, net typical 163. These are all scores I received from my biologist who scored him. A true MS giant.

· Registered
2,263 Posts
Somethings fishy about this buck.....there's three different arrows that I see

The arrow in the deer looks like an alluminum, and the ones in his quiver are carbons with wraps :confused: Plus there are some arrows in the back of the truck that have 4" green vanes :confused:

· Registered
1,373 Posts
Why does everyone always start trying to find problems with big bucks, bulls, or whatever? :greenwithenvy: You don't know anything about it besides you saw a few pictures and you start calling it fishy. I currently have two different color fletches in my quiver, does that make me unethical.

· Registered
23,637 Posts
The arrows in the truck belong to a different hunter......they were being economical/smart and carpooling!!!!!

CONGRATS TO THE LUCKY HUNTER

Once again...the AT Experts tainting a brother's Kill of a Lifetime......"Let them go, let them grow..so we can call BS on you."

· Registered
6,153 Posts
I have a bunch of deer pics I've took with one of my buddies bow in the pic. Lots of times when we go back in to get the deer I've killed I leave my bow at the truck and one of my buds will take his in case we see a deer while getting mine out. When we get to the deer I usually take a couple pics and just use their bow for pictures. Could be anyones bow

· Registered
3,215 Posts
Why does everybody have to scream "controversy" when a guy kills a nice buck.

1. I don't know how good your eyes are but i sure as hell can't tell that there is blood on those RED or ORANGE vanes. Besides blood will run down the arrow and get on the vanes anyway.

2. Looks like a hard quartering away shot which could easily get up and touch a lung.

As far as the "different arrows" look in the second pic, there is a bow with short blazers laying on the ground next to the guy. Not the same arrows as in the bed of the truck that appear to be longer feathers or fletchings. Probably a buddies bow.

This kind of stuff makes me not want to share pictures of a great deer if one day i'm lucky enough to shoot one because I'll probably be accused of poaching.

· Registered
626 Posts
If you've got the pics in an email, I have a few questions for you guys on this one.

1)The vanes have blood on them indicating a pass through shot. The arrow in the picture is stuck in the deer(or so portrayed), how can that be?

2)The deer's tongue has blood on it indicating possibly a lung shot. Unless this guy is shooting a 40" arrow, I don't think that arrow caught lungs.

3)The arrow looks to be going into the deer going upwards. Think the deer was above the shooter in a tree stand and he had to shoot "up" at it? I know it happens, but.

I don't know....I'm just sayin. :wink:
1) the Blood could have run down the arrow shaft to the fletchings from the entry hole. Also, the arrow could have made it ALMOST through (fletchings all the way to the entry hole) and then backed itself out as the deer ran.

2) This statement about not hitting lung is pure conjecture and does not even warrant submitting an opposing opinion.

3) Again- conjecture. What? The arrow can't/doesn't move when in a deer that's running violently through the woods on an adrenaline rush?

You "doubters" out there need to get a life and just give this guy some props. The way you're going, the new ArcheryTalk tagline will be, "ArcheryTalk- Archers bashing other archers!"

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.